ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming grad transfer visit

I mean, you watched that 2017-18 team, right? How’d they deal with success?

I freely accept the players were unfamiliar with success. Saying the coaches didn’t know how to deal with it is ridiculous. 17-18 was a massive coaching failure.

Reactions: IGNORE
Our second string was not a legit second string. Poor planning.

As much as I troll Wrassler's man crush on Ash, he likely would have proven to an adequate backup; his assist to turnover ration was actually 2-1 last year until he had to shut it down due to injury, He was certainly better than having no point guard at all, which is what we ended up with after his season-ending injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: hdhntr1
As much as I troll Wrassler's man crush on Ash, he likely would have proven to an adequate backup; his assist to turnover ration was actually 2-1 last year until he had to shut it down due to injury, He was certainly better than having no point guard at all, which is what we ended up with after his season-ending injury.

I watched his other three years. We will just agree to disagree.

Reactions: ricko654321
i think he saw that he would primarily be a back-up behind Gaines, Turner, and Miller and chose to elsewhere.

South did?

Are we that sure that Buie or Greer will be up to staring at lead guard in the Big Ten?

There were lots of minutes to be had. Strange.

Reactions: IGNORE
South did?

Are we that sure that Buie or Greer will be up to staring at lead guard in the Big Ten?

There were lots of minutes to be had. Strange.

I think if you look back at South's playing career he was not a primary ball-handler. He was a scoring guard. I can't say for sure if he would of beat someone out at the 2-3 but seems like he didn't want to back-up any of those three I mentioned.

i think we see heavy minutes from AJ (starting at point and moving to wing) and then Kopp and Gaines, i think greer and buie both play, and then Beran and Pete play some 3 as well while mostly splitting the 4 minutes.. yes - there are minutes there for South to have had, but I don't think he wanted to come off the bench.

Last edited:
I think if you look back at South's playing career he was not a primary ball-handler. He was a scoring guard. I can't say for sure if he would of beat someone out at the 2-3 but seems like he didn't want to back-up any of those three I mentioned.

i think we see heavy minutes from AJ (starting at point and moving to wing) and then Kopp and Gaines, i think greer and buie both play, and then Beran and Pete play some 3 as well while mostly splitting the 4 minutes.. yes - there are minutes there for South to have had, but I don't think he wanted to come off the bench.
I said the same on the other thread bemoaning the loss of South. This seems very logical to me, but we somehow need two separate threads to commiserate.

Reactions: haywood jahblowme
I freely accept the players were unfamiliar with success. Saying the coaches didn’t know how to deal with it is ridiculous. 17-18 was a massive coaching failure.
Some can be put on the coaches for sure but a lot was do to injuries

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT