ADVERTISEMENT

Wild Cat fans stormed the floor last night (2/23/15)!

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
Isn't it great being another Big Purple Cat!

EMAW!

1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

This post was edited on 2/24 7:07 PM by 12375CAT

If ever you wanted an illustration of why court-storming should be banned forever, last night was it.

Based on the history of KSU court stormings, and the magnitude of that victory for KSU amidst a mediocre season, you could see that ugly situation coming from a mile away. I was watching it, and was truly saying to myself with about 30 seconds left, "this is going to be really ugly when this game ends". You could sense it. And sure enough...Look, I'm all for fun. I'm still relatively young and have done plenty of stupid things in my time in the name of fun. That being said, these court stormings are getting a little out of control. Something bad is going to happen one of these times (a death(s), a huge fight with players involved, etc.). You can see it coming. But like most things in our society, even though the writing is on the wall, we have to wait until something really bad happens before something is actually done about it.

And even after something bad happens there will be a lot of TALK about doing something, but not much meaningful action. KSU claimed they didn't have time to get their security people in position, but as you said it was clear in the last minute that there would be a court storming, and there were a couple stoppages of play after that time - they had plenty of time to get people in position, assuming they had planned for it in advance.

Joe, Kansas St. or for that matter, every school doesn't have the sufficient number of personal to stop the storming. I've always thought that courtside seating for BB games needs to be moved back and a buffer zone created.

A few years ago didn't a high school kid who was committed to go to Stanford get paralyzed during a court storming?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT