ADVERTISEMENT

WLax vs Duke

If the Cats end up completing their undefeated run, it'll have been that much sweeter having beaten, make that smashing, the Dookies en route.

If the Cats end up completing their undefeated run, it'll have been that much sweeter having beaten, make that smashing, the Dookies en route.
100%

It's interesting that many say the cats haven't really been tested this season because we weren't allowed to play out of conference. And the first 10 minutes of this game had me swallowing hard and tested my confidence in this Cats team. When all is said and done, they will have earned everything this season with dominating performances and amazing team play - beating the Terps 3 times, getting hacked and bullied by super aggressive defenses in a strong Denver and Duke squad on their way to a match-up with the #3 team in the nation - Syracuse, and then either #1 NC or #4 BC (with arguably the #1 or #2 player in the nation - Charlotte North).

Having said all that, what a fun team to watch. I'm really looking forward to a BC-NU Championship. Skane and her teammates play a markedly different style of ball that was obvious if you watched the set offenses play today. NC is NC, but i don't think they can match-up with players like Skane and Charlotte North from BC. These 2 are the top 2 in the country and bring a different swagger to the table.

Go Cats!!!

The team's performance on draws was great. Duke's draw monster was neutralized by Girardi and the quickness of the others. Great performance. Actually looked like an off day offensively. Defense in the midfield was outstanding leading to some easy breakaways for Scane.

Love the way the 'Cats stormed back from a 5 goal deficit. But we can't get off to such slow starts against the likes of Syracuse and North Carolina and expect that we can just kick it into high gear and win.

The thing is the shot clock leads to these blowouts. If this were 10 years ago we would have just held the ball when we got up by 4.

The thing is the shot clock leads to these blowouts. If this were 10 years ago we would have just held the ball when we got up by 4.
Not so sure about that. I remember some of the early championship teams that would blow plenty of teams out of the water.

Reactions: ubercat
Love the way the 'Cats stormed back from a 5 goal deficit. But we can't get off to such slow starts against the likes of Syracuse and North Carolina and expect that we can just kick it into high gear and win.
I like to think that we adjusted, and then there was no Plan B as we asserted our will.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I like to think that we adjusted, and then there was no Plan B as we asserted our will.
This happened. Also, should have been probably 6-3 or 6-4. NU missed two huge scoring chances early because of errant shots. We were a little sloppy. But then we also adjusted to the draws. That was the big change. We got Girardi in there and her quickness and that of the other players (can't remember names now) storming the center of the field and just flat beating the Dukies to the ball changed the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT