ADVERTISEMENT

WLP Interview With John Shurna

westlotpirates

Gold Member
Hey Gang,

This post is a little late coming; we've been running around doing a bunch of work/family stuff heading into the summer since we put this one up.

But anyway: Our last episode featured an awesome interview with the legendary John Shurna!

Shurna has had an amazing ride through European Pro Hoops since his graduation from NU, culminating in his EuroCup Finals MVP performance this spring that helped his club Gran Canaria earn a place in the EuroLeague next season! John is just the nicest dude and was so generous with his time, taking us through every stage of his journey over the past decade-and-a-half.

If you love NU Hoops, then this one is for you!

Thanks as always,
Sam, John, and Scuzz/The West Lot Pirates

I really enjoyed this. John is one of my all time NU favorites, and I really enjoyed his insight on what it’s been like playing in Europe. There is so much more to it than I think people realize, especially when you have a young family.

Agreed! It was so great to hear from Johnny Cash. I was going to write "again", but I don't recall him doing much media work even when he was crushin' it. He seems like such a humble person - I don't think he really gets how much he's meant to Northwestern basketball fans. I dug how he was very curious, and asked questions of the hosts. Overall, it just affirms how proud he makes me feel as an alum and a fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT