ADVERTISEMENT

Zero Wildcats invited to NFL combine

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Probably not a surprise.

Gallagher probably had the best shot? Maybe Bryant or Cam Johnson.

Malik Washington did get an invite. Also not a surprise.

Last edited:
Probably not a surprise.

I’m also surprised that Gallagher and Johnson didn’t get invites.

Malik developed at and graduated from NU. We should count him!

It’s True. Certified by the Truth.
ugh i guess he posted it on X/Twitter. well i believe he did this once before and then decided to come back to NU... maybe it's a case of him keeping his options open amid the DB coaching change and then he can look around and decide what makes most sense? would be an important guy for Braun + Hicks + Bennett + McGarigle to re-recruit. we have a decent track record of CBs getting drafted so hopefully that's not the lead concern.

I’m also surprised that Gallagher and Johnson didn’t get invites.

Malik developed at and graduated from NU. We should count him!

I loved Cam Johnson. He played way better than I expected for us. Its so cool to see a talented player (4 Star recruit) who bounced around finish off his career with big numbers and a lot of BIG plays, and of course, to do it for us. It woulda really been fun to have him for one more year.

But realistically, most P5/4 teams had a Cam Johnson. There's just not enough room for all of them at the combine.

Last edited:
Here's a perspective: we won 8 games under tremendously trying circumstances, and didn't lose a single player to the NFL.
Meanwhile our coach the previous year had multiple draft picks and combine invites and won just 1 game.

Who cares about draft picks
Meanwhile our coach the previous year had multiple draft picks and combine invites and won just 1 game.
I don't care about draft picks, as I follow the team that is playing for NU during the current season. Sure it is nice to see some former players in the NFL, but I am no longer much of an NFL fan, as it seems to have become only a step or two away from the WWE. Besides, when was the last time we had a NU former player actually become a starter in the NFL for more than maybe a game or two?

I don't care about draft picks, as I follow the team that is playing for NU during the current season. Sure it is nice to see some former players in the NFL, but I am no longer much of an NFL fan, as it seems to have become only a step or two away from the WWE. Besides, when was the last time we had a NU former player actually become a starter in the NFL for more than maybe a game or two?

Peter Skoronski. Greg Newsome. Anthony Walker. Dean Lowry. Tyler Lancaster. Rashawn Slater. Trevor Siemian.

Peter Skoronski. Greg Newsome. Anthony Walker. Dean Lowry. Tyler Lancaster. Rashawn Slater. Trevor Siemian.

Not to mention some guys who don't start (regularly) but have been regular contributors either this year or very recently: Some Guy Named Blake, Godwin Igwubuike, Joe Jones, Ben Skowronek, Earnest Brown, Joe Gaziano, Justin Jackson, Hunter the Punter.... I miss anybody?

That last sentence might be the worst I’ve ever seen posted on this board.

Can @CoralSpringsCat confirm which drapes you smoked for that one?

Reactions: gocatsgo2003
Probably not a surprise.

come on man, there are 100 LB’s better than Gallagher and at least 2 better than him on the cats roster.

Not to mention some guys who don't start (regularly) but have been regular contributors either this year or very recently: Some Guy Named Blake, Godwin Igwubuike, Joe Jones, Ben Skowronek, Earnest Brown, Joe Gaziano, Justin Jackson, Hunter the Punter.... I miss anybody?
Cam Mitchell, Evan Hull, Adetomiwa Adebaware, Ifeadi Odenigbo....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT