ADVERTISEMENT

“Hashtag Go Cats, I’m not going anywhere”

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
What a performance by the team. After getting beaten in the first half, the defense just took that game over in the second half. 5 turnovers in the half, 4 in the 3rd quarter, 6 in the game. After having no pass rush the entire first half our DL pressured Smelley the entire 2H and rattled him. It was wet so we found ways to get the ball loose, and we found and took advantage of every loose ball. McGee, Pace, Newsome, Fisher, Gallagher, Gaziano played excellent football games.

That was just so much fun. Clayton played well. Bowser and the OL found their rhythm in the second half. Riley Lees, Cam Green, and Ramaud Chiaokhiao Bowman stepped up big time. Fitz and McCall emptied the playbook. Thanks Trey Klock!

And the best was standing there in the rain celebrating afterward. Just waiting for them to ask Fitz the question we all knew was coming. Cause we knew he had a response waiting, probably not planned but it would arrive in the moment. When asked about the rumors and speculation, he just looks out over the crowd and says.
“Hashtag Go Cats, I’m not going anywhere, this is home forever” and we all erupted. Quintessential Fitz, in terms of his team performing and responding, and in terms of his attitude about it all.

What a team, what a game, what a season.

Let’s do it again in Pasadena next year.

Last edited:
What a performance by the team. After getting beaten in the first half, the defense just took that game over in the second half. 5 turnovers in the half, 4 in the 3rd quarter, 6 in the game. After having no pass rush the entire first half our DL pressured Smelley the entire 2H and rattled him. It was wet so we found ways to get the ball loose, and we found and took advantage of every loose ball. McGee, Pace, Newsome, Fisher, Gallagher, Gaziano played excellent football games.

That was just so much fun. Clayton played well. Bowser and the OL found their rhythm in the second half. Riley Lees, Cam Green, and Ramaud Chiaokhiao Bowman stepped up big time. Fitz and McCall emptied the playbook. Thanks Trey Klock!

And the best was standing there in the rain celebrating afterward. Just waiting for them to ask Fitz the question we all knew was coming. Cause we knew he had a response waiting, probably not planned but it would arrive in the moment. When asked about the rumors and speculation, he just looks out over the crowd and says.
“Hashtag Go Cats, I’m not going anywhere, this is home forever” and we all erupted. Quintessential Fitz, in terms of his team performing and responding, and in terms of his attitude about it all.

What a team, what a game, what a season.

Let’s do it again in Pasadena next year.
I also want to say thank you Fitz. We couldn’t have a better guy to coach this squad and I’m thrilled he’s sticking with us.

Reactions: DarthCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT