ADVERTISEMENT

“They are who we thought they were”

Notre Dame was better than us this week. They are not the #3 or #4 team in the country and will get blown out of they make it to the CFP.
Not sure what game I saw but I'm pretty sure this ND team would beat this NU team pretty much any given week

ND had 2 fluky turnovers/plays on their side of the field (fumble and blocked punt) that gift-wrapped NU points, and they lost 60 yards on offense due to stupid self inflicted penalties, and were still up by 3 scores in the 4th quarter.

ND also netted 200+ yards over NU despite losing the time of possession battle and never trailed in the game once.

NUs defense was completely shredded by Ian Book in the 2nd half.

Take away even just half of the misfortune above and this is a 3-4 score game somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-10.

Alabama is in a league of their own but Clemson and everyone else after them is very much a winnable game.
Those plays count and this is a stupid take. Every game can point to a few isolated plays.

I can say IF we weren’t playing our 4th and 5th corner and a back up safety, there is no way Book has the second half he did.

IF and BUT were nuts, we’d all be fruitcakes.

And some of you wonder why a lot of people find your fan base insufferable.

Not just the fanbase. ND people in general. every time you meet one of them for the first time, their entire goal in life (and you can see it in their eyes) is to awkardly and unnecessarily weasel the fact that the went to ND into the conversation with you.

ND had 2 fluky turnovers/plays on their side of the field (fumble and blocked punt) that gift-wrapped NU points, and they lost 60 yards on offense due to stupid self inflicted penalties, and were still up by 3 scores in the 4th quarter.

ND also netted 200+ yards over NU despite losing the time of possession battle and never trailed in the game once.

Take away even just half of the misfortune above and this is a 3-4 score game somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-10.

Alabama is in a league of their own but Clemson and everyone else after them is very much a winnable game.

And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. Hopefully that wasn’t the first football game you’ve ever watched.

Not just the fanbase. ND people in general. every time you meet one of them for the first time, their entire goal in life (and you can see it in their eyes) is to awkardly and unnecessarily weasel the fact that the went to ND into the conversation with you.
No. The majority of Irish fans and alumni are good people. I can’t think of a major college football program that doesn’t have idiots. There were a few NU fans that embarrassed the hell out of me last night. Ergo, we must be a major program.

Last edited:

“Winnable”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT