ADVERTISEMENT

100 days

HAT

I watched this not from a comfy couch, but from a hot bath. I had helped a friend to move that morning and was spent. Cold beer/hot bath

Reactions: ricko654321
23 days. So yeah, it would suck to be a Wisconsin fan after watching this one, but it was still a dominating defensive performance by the Cats.

23 days. So yeah, it would suck to be a Wisconsin fan after watching this one, but it was still a dominating defensive performance by the Cats.

Dominating defensive performance indeed. I still remember vividly their QB stumbling around dazed after being sacked for like the 8th time in the game onto the cold hard turf. Football is a rough sport, especially when you are playing against that NU D Line.

Vague memory of the Ticket City bowl, my dad was in the hospital so watched it at a nearby sports bar. With a bunch of insufferable Mich fans singing their moronic fight song

That Colter kid looked pretty good. How'd he end up, anyway? :):)

Also "Watkins tall", the counterpart to Persa strong

20 more days!

Vague memory of the Ticket City bowl, my dad was in the hospital so watched it at a nearby sports bar. With a bunch of insufferable Mich fans singing their moronic fight song

I remember very little of this game, other than that we were on vacation and couldn't figure out how to work the tv in our rental house so I could watch the whole thing. I think it was either without sound of video or most of the game. Weird to see Colter as #14.

Also "Watkins tall", the counterpart to Persa strong
I was there. That game was miserable, with temps in Dallas barely above freezing and the 'Cats never really in position to win. On the drive home, I kept asking, "Will the 'Cats ever win a bowl game?". They couldn't do it the next year either at the bowl game here in Houston, but they finally got the monkey off their backs the year after that in Jacksonville.

Now NU has won three straight bowl games and is the defending Big Ten West Division champ. Ain't life grand?

Reactions: SmellyCat
Did someone say, "post"?

Loved this video - had never seen it before. I was fortunate (unfortunate?) to be there during the waning days of this tradition. There were few happier feelings in my life than tearing down the north goalpost and then turning to look south and seeing those swaying and going down too.

Loved this video - had never seen it before. I was fortunate (unfortunate?) to be there during the waning days of this tradition. There were few happier feelings in my life than tearing down the north goalpost and then turning to look south and seeing those swaying and going down too.
I was at both the MSU and the NIU game. I didn't realize they laked the posts after MSU, I was long gone by that time. But I was in the mob at NIU although I never got to touch the posts.

Stop State at 28!

s-l225.jpg

I was at both the MSU and the NIU game. I didn't realize they laked the posts after MSU, I was long gone by that time. But I was in the mob at NIU although I never got to touch the posts.

Stop State at 28!

s-l225.jpg
They were a pretty good team. 3-8 doesn't sound great but 2 Big Ten wins including one on the road. Broke all streaks that year - win, Big Ten win and Big Ten road win.

The level of achievement by Green/team may not have been at Barnett level, but it was really something.

Reactions: drewjin
They were a pretty good team. 3-8 doesn't sound great but 2 Big Ten wins including one on the road. Broke all streaks that year - win, Big Ten win and Big Ten road win.

The level of achievement by Green/team may not have been at Barnett level, but it was really something.
Green was named B1G COTY in 1982, with that 3-8 record. Probably the only Power 5 coach in history to win COTY with that bad a record.

Here is a good article that tells just how hard it was to win at NU in those days:

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2016/07/dennis_green_northwestern_foot.html

Yeah, I watched it on mute after a few minutes and even that was obnoxious. Sorry about that.

Reactions: drewjin
18 days. Here’s one of the most satisfying win of ‘18. Or any year.

16 more days. Here's a moving piece about the big star (and all-around amazing dude) of '16.

(and if you need football highlights in your videos, there are a few here)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT