ADVERTISEMENT

20% Max Capacity at Ryan Field?

ParisCat

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2002
I see that IL Gov. Pritzker's Phase 4 reopening plan, which takes effect this Friday, includes the following: "Outdoor seated spectator events: Outdoor spectator sports can resume with no more than 20% of seating capacity; concessions permitted with restrictions." That's about 9,400 at Ryan Field. Insert your Morgan State joke here.

A recent email from NU listed a lot of options for season ticketholders .
1. Donate money to Wildcat Fund
2. Apply money to next years tickets with no loss of location or consecutive years of ticket purchase
3. Other options but I forget the details

Here's what the STH email said -- sorry for the length...

2020 Season Ticket Update

We're preparing to play!

Nobody knows what the next few weeks - or months - will bring. Whatever happens, we'll be ready to help you.

The Big Ten Conference and its member institutions have spent considerable time preparing for a number of scenarios we might find ourselves under when the next football season kicks off. Here at Northwestern, our primary goal is to provide you with the most safe, flexible, and friendly way to see the Wildcats.

Currently, we're in a 'renewal timeout' until there is more clarity on the coming season. During this timeout, we've developed plans for a Partial Capacity (limited spectators) scenario and a Full Capacity (normal) scenario.

In addition, we're creating a brand-new Virtual Season Ticket for fans wanting to be an even bigger part of the Northwestern Football Family regardless of whether they attend games at Ryan Field.

Partial Capacity Scenario

Should conditions mandate limited spectators, our goal will be to provide opportunities for the maximum number of season ticket holders to attend games.

It's highly likely that in a partial capacity scenario all seats would go to students and season ticket holders with no tickets becoming available for the general public.

Since social distancing protocols would affect available seat locations, seats you've held in the past may not be available in a partial capacity scenario. For the 2021 season, social distancing protocols permitting, you will have the opportunity to renew the seats you held in 2019.

Full Capacity Scenario

If deemed safe to utilize Ryan Field's full capacity, we will quickly establish a new renewal deadline and resume normal renewal activities. Our intent will be to provide several weeks between the resumption of activity and the deadline. Time permitting, we will offer a brief seat improvement period prior to the start of the season.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I've already renewed?

You're all set! In the event there is a material change (limited capacity scenario, schedule change, reduction in number of games or other change) our Client Services Team will contact you.

When will you make a decision about the coming season?

Neither the NCAA, the Big Ten Conference, or Northwestern have established a deadline for making decisions regarding the upcoming season. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this together!

What if I've renewed, but no longer feel comfortable coming to games?

We understand and have created several options for you.

1. Think 2021! You can apply your 2020 payment toward 2021 Football season tickets.
  2. Full refund on tickets. You can request a refund in writing (email or letter). Please note that requests must be received at our office by July 31. You will maintain your consecutive years of purchase benefit in 2021 should you purchase season tickets in that year. In that case, the 2020 season would be waived and 2021 would be your next consecutive year of purchase.
  3. Make a gift. The money you paid for tickets can be donated to the Athletics COVID-19 Assistant Fund or the Wildcat Excellence Fund.
  4. Virtual Season Ticket. We encourage you to consider our Virtual Season Ticket, an economical option we're creating this year for fans who want to remain part of the Northwestern Football Family regardless of whether or not they attend games. The Virtual Season Ticket is designed to keep you connected with Northwestern Football and other 'Cats fans through exclusive, year-round content and virtual events while you earn Purple Points. Complete information will be available this summer. You can decide at that time if the Virtual Season Ticket is right for you.

What if I'm not coming this season, but would like my seats in 2021?

We'll hold them for you! Please let a member of our Client Services Team - Kathleen, Carli, Jason or Megan - know your intentions by July 31 and we will save your seats for 2021.

What if the season is shortened or cancelled?

In the event the home schedule is shortened or cancelled, you have the option of applying funds toward the 2021 season, receiving a refund, or donating to either the Athletics COVID-19 Assistance Fund or the Wildcat Excellence Fund.

How will parking work?

Like seating, we are working on two scenarios for parking: limited capacity and full capacity. As soon as we have clarity on parking restrictions, if any, we will update you. In the meantime, the deadline to make contributions that affect parking has been deferred.

Will you switch to mobile-only ticketing?

Beginning with the 2020 Football season, all tickets will be mobile. No paper tickets, including print-at-home, will be available.

Is the game against Wisconsin being played at Wrigley Field?

As of today, we are planning to play the November 7 game against Wisconsin at Wrigley Field. In the event the game were to be moved to Ryan Field, we will make any necessary adjustments.

Does anybody know? What %of seats are "STHolders"?? Will all sth get to go to the games if they want to?? Is it 20%...50%? Just kind of curious?? I don't have my old seats anymore. But one of my best friend's Dad has tickets that I use a few times a season. Did I not read the announcement closely enough? Miss something? It said they might move the locations of sth seats/student sections...but will seniority or donations determine the rest?

ADVERTISEMENT