ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Linebackers

DarthCat

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Gotta say, I am concerned with the LB corps for 2017 with Walker's departure. I know we've got Nate Hall and Walsh with experience, but we are losing A LOT from that position. Of the 13 LBs currently on the roster, 6 are leaving:

Walker
Jones
Hruby
Vitale
Quiero
Prater

Does anyone know how good our replacements are looking at this point?

Gotta say, I am concerned with the LB corps for 2017 with Walker's departure. I know we've got Nate Hall and Walsh with experience, but we are losing A LOT from that position. Of the 13 LBs currently on the roster, 6 are leaving:

Walker
Jones
Hruby
Vitale
Quiero
Prater

I think Walsh needs to spend serious time in the weight room this off season or he will get passed by Jango.

An informed source says Auston Anderson will be moved to LB as well.

Reactions: NUCat320
I think Walsh needs to spend serious time in the weight room this off season or he will get passed by Jango.

Is this a board joke I have missed? Auston Anderson? All 190 lbs of him. Oooookay.

How big is Jango? Can he play that spot?
My guess is Jango is a real gym rat and if you have seen any pictures of his dad you gotta think he has the genes to be big enough. So, two plus two equals he will probably be big enough

Walker
Jones
Hruby
Vitale
Quiero
Prater

I think we'll be fine. Fox, Jango, and Fisher will step up and I think we can do things schematically to play to our strengths. As others have mentioned, I think you'll see Quiero, Godwin and Msgee on the field a lot together at the expense of a linebacker.

I think we'll be fine. Fox, Jango, and Fisher will step up and I think we can do things schematically to play to our strengths. As others have mentioned, I think you'll see Quiero, Godwin and Msgee on the field a lot together at the expense of a linebacker.

I like this Blake Gallagher on film. Tough for a true freshman, but he might add some depth to the middle as early as next year

Fox, Hall and Walsh look like the starters for now, leaving Fisher, Jango and any game ready frosh as depth.

Jango can really run, so imagine he'll be on coverage teams. Some true frosh will almost certainly be on the two deep next season.

Walker
Jones
Hruby
Vitale
Quiero
Prater

Fox saw a decent number of reps this year especially in the early going when Ant apparently was still recovering from his injury. He has good upside IMOH. Walsh and Hall seem to be the other starters at this point, but I'm hoping for others like Jango to emerge.

Look for Hall to emerge as the leader of this group. I saw star potential in him during some stretches of play this year. He is the prototypical modern day linebacker with the range and fluidity to cover all over the field but with the physicality to come down hill and strike ball carriers. I think he will have a very big year next year.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Look for Hall to emerge as the leader of this group. I saw star potential in him during some stretches of play this year. He is the prototypical modern day linebacker with the range and fluidity to cover all over the field but with the physicality to come down hill and strike ball carriers. I think he will have a very big year next year.

He's got all the necessary physical skills to do it, but he's going to have to improve a lot in coverage. Got burned in a couple one-on-one matchups toward the end of the season and in the Pinstripe Bowl.

He's got all the necessary physical skills to do it, but he's going to have to improve a lot in coverage. Got burned in a couple one-on-one matchups toward the end of the season and in the Pinstripe Bowl.

McGee is going to play a lot next year. This will allow us to substitute on obvious pass plays. DB group will be strong next year.

McGee is going to play a lot next year. This will allow us to substitute on obvious pass plays. DB group will be strong next year.

Been saying for a while now that we should expect to see a lot of nickel... but Hall will probably be one of the two nickel LBs.

Isn't Auston Anderson 5'8? Maybe he can play Safety, but he would get swallowed up at LB IMO.

What happened to Simba Short? I thought he would be a high impact player coming out of HS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT