ADVERTISEMENT

2018 QB/Pitcher visits NU, hopes for second Cats offer

Interesting .. His tape looked very solid( from a none expert point of view)...but how does this work? Do we want a 2nd quarterback in this class? Does Fitz like players playing two sports? Will he come to NU to play baseball only if he is welcome on the football team? If he gets a baseball scholarship does it count against football scholarships as well?

Interesting .. His tape looked very solid( from a none expert point of view)...but how does this work? Do we want a 2nd quarterback in this class? Does Fitz like players playing two sports? Will he come to NU to play baseball only if he is welcome on the football team? If he gets a baseball scholarship does it count against football scholarships as well?
I too do not understand. If he has a full scholarship to play baseball, why would he need another? Perhaps the baseball schollie is a partial, but I do not believe that we can give partials in football. Why should we burn up an allotment on a guy who wants to focus on baseball? Playing QB at this level is not a minimal commitment. This seems very confusing, even before considering the message it sends to Marty.

I too do not understand. If he has a full scholarship to play baseball, why would he need another? Perhaps the baseball schollie is a partial, but I do not believe that we can give partials in football. Why should we burn up an allotment on a guy who wants to focus on baseball? Playing QB at this level is not a minimal commitment. This seems very confusing, even before considering the message it sends to Marty.

There's a lot more insight on this issue on The Rock.

But one thing to clarify here: Noland is a 2018 prospect. Marty is in the 2017 class.

If he plays football and is on the roster, he counts as a football scholarship. This rule was instituted to prevent schools from getting extra football scholarships by hiding them in other sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT