ADVERTISEMENT

2nd half thread (if you dare)

Duke gets the second half kick off. Let's see how the halftime adjustments by O'Neil work. Not holding my breath.

Defense needs to set the tone on the opening drive. Let’s hope.

Going with Cincinnati themes on the big sideline play cards this game. Good omen for Marty.

Reactions: NUCat320
I enjoy that Hampton shimmies after every PBU.

Color guy called him RJ.
Sideline reporter called him Pat Fitzpatrick.

Reactions: DaCat
Here we go! Time to avenge the Michigan State loss in 2006 - and save the season - with an all-time comeback against the Dookies.

Last edited:
Reactions: rmndcat
Credit where credit is due; we've looked a lot better on both sides to start this half. Hopefully we can at least make a game of this and show that the first half is more aberration than what we should expect going forward.

Also want to see Marty start against Ohio to fully prepare for Big Ten schedule.

The difference in understanding the offense is obvious. It was the same thing when Peyton took over the offense last year.

Reactions: NREPP Fraud
How are the Hunter apologists going to explain that Marty can see the field and find receivers? Is the O line all of a sudden better? Are the receivers all of a sudden getting open? Hunter is a great kid but I hope the experiment is over…now let’s fix the D or move on from O’Neal!

Reactions: corbi296
Love the rollout throw back with the TE leaking out on wheel-ish route. You see that used at the pro level from time to time.

Great call Jake!

Gotta have the 2pt though. Marty gave Charlie an easy opportunity.

Reactions: rmndcat
At some point you go for 2 twice, better to know early whether you have to take a FG at some point instead. I'm fine with the 2 point attempt.

Least we won't have to do that again.

Reactions: StreamCat
Night and Day with Marty, offense has confidence!!! Now time for the D to step up again.

Well, a TD and now a turnover that puts us on the door step. Punch it in, Cats!

BTW, I HATED going for 2. When you are 23 points down with 2 quarters to go, you don't chase points like that. Dumb. Ron Zook must be nearby.
The analytics say Fitz made the right call.

The sooner you know what you need the better. Plus road teams are less likely to win in OT and getting the two puts you in a better position to win in regulation.

Reactions: DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT