ADVERTISEMENT

2nd half thread (if you dare)

I’m glad the Cats came back with fight. They responded correctly, it just wasn’t enough to crawl out of the crater they dug in the first quarter.
Considering how the first half went, this second half was a massive improvement.

Main thing is we just can't start this slow defensively; that has to be fixed by the time we get to Nebraska.

And hopefully Marty is healthy, he's the starter; gives us a chance to win some games.

Considering how the first half went, this second half was a massive improvement.

Main thing is we just can't start this slow defensively; that has to be fixed by the time we get to Nebraska.

And hopefully Marty is healthy, he's the starter; gives us a chance to win some games.

Do you think it is a 100% coincidence that the defense shut them down after the offense started showing life? In theory poor offensive play should not impact the performance of the defense, particularly early in the game, but football is such a game of emotions, confidence and momentum. I am not so sure.

Well that wasnt as bad as i thought it could be.

We learned alot.

Marty is the One. HJ is a super nice guy but just doesnt have the confidence or toughness.

Reactions: rmndcat
Do you think it is a 100% coincidence that the defense shut them down after the offense started showing life? In theory poor offensive play should not impact the performance of the defense, particularly early in the game, but football is such a game of emotions, confidence and momentum. I am not so sure.
It’s certainly possible.

Post Iowa 2010 would support your theory.

Brutal game.

Going to give myself 24-48 hours to gather my thoughts. But I would sure like to be a fly on the wall for Fitz’s next meeting with the defensive coaches.

I agree with you and I think Persa's year shows that.

If we have competent offense, I think that absolutely feeds the defense.

Just have to see this work at the start. Defensive situation first 5 min of Michigan State/Duke games just can't be repeated.

But I do think defense should go into future games more confident they'll have the other side working too.

Stop it! This isnt the NFL. Obviously putting the D back on the field wasnt the answer.

Corbi/oneil -1
Turk +1
Defense worked the whole second half to that point, the kickoff was fine.

Reality is just not going to win many games where you're 20+ points down in the hole. Odds of winning games like that is 2-5% in the 3rd quarter.

Possible, but years of Hank + McCall suggest otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT