ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Interception

docrugby1

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
I ask everyone to watch replays of the 2nd interception and tell me what you think of the routes

I ask everyone to watch replays of the 2nd interception and tell me what you think of the routes
Three WRs on the left side of the field ran straight downfield, with no moves, pauses, shakes, etc. The one along the sideline was most closely covered, and that's where the pass was thrown. Terrible execution by both the QB and WRs.

I felt like on that play, a WR would have been open if he had just turned and run back a few steps. There was plenty of open space in the flat, and it would have been enough for a 1st down.

Reactions: DaCat
Three WRs on the left side of the field ran straight downfield, with no moves, pauses, shakes, etc. The one along the sideline was most closely covered, and that's where the pass was thrown. Terrible execution by both the QB and WRs.

I felt like on that play, a WR would have been open if he had just turned and run back a few steps. There was plenty of open space in the flat, and it would have been enough for a 1st down.
Really concerned that we recruited 4 WR’s last year and only one has been able to see the field.

Terrible routes, bad throw off back foot by Smith even though he had plenty of time.

Was there lot of wind? Most offense was to the North just like Purdue.

Last edited:
first interception was a blitz off the corner that was not picked up and the guy dove at the ball...1/100 play....second interception looked like an intentional back shoulder throw directly into the wind against one on one coverage...looked like our receiver, Bowman I think, slipped coming back to the ball and that was that.....Last week we hit a lot of skinny posts....this week no attempts.....my thought was that with the running back so thin,,,,and one of them being a freshman...they did not want to have running backs blocking...????? also I think they played two deep safteties just giving us run reads. I mean yesterday we had , defensive lineman at super back, wide receivers at running back,,,,a super back back at qb,,,,,a 2nd string line backer blocking in the back field , 2 defensive lineman making a pass break ups at the side line. Was a whacky game....hope they are saving stuff for Minny

ADVERTISEMENT