ADVERTISEMENT

Turk do you (anyone I guess) know what kind of plays and stunts can be called when the interior line is really dominant?
Good question. Maybe GCG can answer that, I'm not really versed on that. I know Awalk was able to shoot in with an assortment of blitzes 2 years ago but he had the edge set with Lowry and Gibson moreso than a very strong interior line {had a young Lancaster and a injured Kuhar I believe}?? And Henry and Harris back there allowed many blitz packages. I'm hoping Watkins is close to old form and we know Godwin is the best, so if our DE's hold up we may be able to see a lot of different things. I really didn't follow NU football the last year as I did in the past so I'm not even sure who our DE's are???

I think, at the time, it was a new college record that Chang broke against us.

June Jones was the coach and throughout his tenure all of his QB's just lit up the field like a Christmas tree. One or two stuck in the NFL but I was surprised that Chang didn't make the pros. CJ might have had similar stats in a June Jones system at Hawaii. But when I was watching the NU game I wasn't thinking about how strong Chang's arm was, etc. Seemed like his receivers were open all over the field. Even with Cofield and Howard at the ends, and our seniors, Clark and Castillo on the inside, we couldn't get to him. Even though 2 of those guys stuck in the pros, and Howard would have been a NFL staple had he not had the foot issues.
Sorry Turk but Clark would have never started on most bigtwn teams.

ADVERTISEMENT