ADVERTISEMENT

NJCat83588

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Very good crowd for a team coming off a 5-7 season. Seemed to be mostly purple. Small but vocal student section got plenty of air time from ESPN.

West Lot was surprisingly pretty full 1 hour before the game. Crowd was into it. Hopefully the crowd comes out in force against EIU.

Good crowd, mostly purple and even loud at times. It helped to have Band Day and put all the bands in the student section that would be otherwise empty. Next week will be a ghost town, though the 3pm kick should help a bit. Hopefully there's a nice crowd for Ball State at night with the students on campus.

Good crowd, mostly purple and even loud at times. It helped to have Band Day and put all the bands in the student section that would be otherwise empty. Next week will be a ghost town, though the 3pm kick should help a bit. Hopefully there's a nice crowd for Ball State at night with the students on campus.

Do they count those bands toward attendance? It sure looked like we had more than 36k in the building, but if those sections didn't count, that would explain the discrepancy.

We were very surprised by the size of the crowd and I don't really have any solid guesses on what brought so many for the opener coming off of lackluster seasons. Stanford fans definitely turned out, but agree purple fans were here in force. Could it have really, solely been the opponent? Top 25, academic rival?

We were very surprised by the size of the crowd and I don't really have any solid guesses on what brought so many for the opener coming off of lackluster seasons. Stanford fans definitely turned out, but agree purple fans were here in force. Could it have really, solely been the opponent? Top 25, academic rival?
Stanford probably had less then 2,000 fans at the game. Possible explanations, ranked opponent, nice weather and expectations of a better season for the Cats. If the student were in attendance the number would have been near 40,000.

We were on the south golf lot flanked by Cardinal fans (wonder how they got those passes?) and their official tailgate looked pretty big, it felt like they brought a share of the crowd.

We were on the south golf lot flanked by Cardinal fans (wonder how they got those passes?) and their official tailgate looked pretty big, it felt like they brought a share of the crowd.
If you looked at their "crowd" in the lower west stands it would not have filled the old NU student section of about 3,000. yes, their might have been a couple hundred others but I will stand we my guess of less then 2,000, give or take a few . It predominately a pro NU crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT