ADVERTISEMENT

A little perspective

JoeWildcat

Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
NU's offense has been pretty darn bad; no getting around that. But they have been made to look even worse because of the front-loaded schedule. As of today the Cats have played the most difficult schedule in the country. Hopefully the Cats will improve to take advantage of the somewhat easier schedule in the next 6 weeks.

NU's offense has been pretty darn bad; no getting around that. But they have been made to look even worse because of the front-loaded schedule. As of today the Cats have played the most difficult schedule in the country. Hopefully the Cats will improve to take advantage of the somewhat easier schedule in the next 6 weeks.
Yes but in previous years we’ve scored a lot more points against the same opponents. There is really no way to slice this positively. Even if you put the stats aside and just watch the games, there is absolutely zero spark or momentum with this offense aside from an occasional nice 8 yard run by DA3 or Bowser.

For the first time in my entire life of fandom (25 years) I do not look forward to watching the games because they’re downright boring and discouraging. The defense is good but it is hard to watch because I feel bad for them toiling away in an almost impossible situation.

Reactions: Fitz51
Disagree. Only a couple of really tough opponents. Not saying we should have won every game, but the fact that our offense is the worst in FBS is they key point. Who's to say Iowa isn't better than, , say, Sparty? Or Minn over WI?

We stand to lose a lot of games if the offense doesn't come around

Reactions: drewjin
At one point in the 2nd half Friday we were within 49 points WITH the ball.

Just a little gallows humor.

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
Disagree. Only a couple of really tough opponents. Not saying we should have won every game, but the fact that our offense is the worst in FBS is they key point. Who's to say Iowa isn't better than, , say, Sparty? Or Minn over WI?

We stand to lose a lot of games if the offense doesn't come around
I forgot to cite my source for "toughest schedule". Ranked toughest by Sagarin. Sorry about the omission. But I agree, the offense is bad, bad, bad.

Yes but in previous years we’ve scored a lot more points against the same opponents. There is really no way to slice this positively. Even if you put the stats aside and just watch the games, there is absolutely zero spark or momentum with this offense aside from an occasional nice 8 yard run by DA3 or Bowser.

For the first time in my entire life of fandom (25 years) I do not look forward to watching the games because they’re downright boring and discouraging. The defense is good but it is hard to watch because I feel bad for them toiling away in an almost impossible situation.
Naaah, you sat through 98 (Hoffman with GB two feet out the door) and 06 (BREWFKA) and the Stauss season. You didn’t want to watch those either, though perhaps you were young and optimistic and excited.

Reactions: corbi296
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT