ADVERTISEMENT

A thoroughly unpleasant evening

Alvious

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2010
Behind the Cheddar Curtain
Never mind the game on the field, it was no fun being outnumbered 20-1 in my section by Ohio State fans. Most of them were OK, but there were a couple of jerks, especially the guy waiving the flag in front of me.
I'm thinking of skipping the home games against teams that travel well. It's just not worth the frustration.

Reactions: Titanium999
Our seats are prime east sideline and clearly a lot of people sold. This was the area they booted people, but it ended up the usual outcome.

I bought 2 extra for friends. These were after that note to ST’s that 1000 were available, so I assume they were all in the upper corner where these were. Guess what, they said they were the only people in their section not wearing red.

This season is setting us back a decade with local fans and most alumni live in Timbuktu so it will get worse before it gets better.

Reactions: CatManTrue
I have been in section 128 for decades. This section was about 70% OSU last night. I have no problem with ticket holders selling their seats if they can't make it or they don't like the current year's product on the field. The OSU people around us were just fine and behaved pretty much the way we do when on the road in their stadium having procured decent seats in the secondary market.

Reactions: Fitz51
I have been in section 128 for decades. This section was about 70% OSU last night. I have no problem with ticket holders selling their seats if they can't make it or they don't like the current year's product on the field. The OSU people around us were just fine and behaved pretty much the way we do when on the road in their stadium having procured decent seats in the secondary market.
After Iowa those seats will be empty.

Couldn't make it (Friday night lights) Sold my seats (128) and parking passes to Cats fans for face. Surprisingly my son's game (against Marist) was actually closer lol.

Uber provided me and three guests with fine seats near the Wildcat Den.

Any OSU fan within a 20 ft radius was forced to endure my musings on the game, and life in general. This included:

1) scarlet makes people look fat
2) The University of Ohio State has a fine campus in Athens
3) Dobbins got caught from behind by Newsome
4) That O-H-I-O cheer sounds like a Buddhist revival
5) please beat Michigan, or your season is a failure

Side bar: My good neighbor Tony attended the game last night (thank you, Smithee) as a casual Cats fan, but is maize and blue at heart. He wore his NU jersey to our tailgate, but then donned his Michigan jacket for the game. (Hey, the enemy of my enemy is my friend) His appearance is such that he has been mistaken for FootballPhil at previous tailgates (seriously); and although a stand-up guy, he does not suffer fools gladly. Midway through the second quarter some aging belligerent Drunkeye got in his face with the old: "It's 8:30 and Michigan still sucks." My buddy stood up, stared down the wretch, and watched him slither away.

Side bar: My good neighbor Tony attended the game last night (thank you, Smithee) as a casual Cats fan, but is maize and blue at heart. He wore his NU jersey to our tailgate, but then donned his Michigan jacket for the game. (Hey, the enemy of my enemy is my friend) His appearance is such that he has been mistaken for FootballPhil at previous tailgates (seriously); and although a stand-up guy, he does not suffer fools gladly. Midway through the second quarter some aging belligerent Drunkeye got in his face with the old: "It's 8:30 and Michigan still sucks." My buddy stood up, stared down the wretch, and watched him slither away.

No fireworks?

Like during your visit at uberHaus? No, that was my crazy pyrotechnician neighbor to the north. FootballPhil's doppelganger needs no such theatrics. A simple stare-down makes fools flee.

Last night's fireworks were heard only at the team's entrance and the Band's halftime show.

Reactions: Gladeskat
Yeah, but Michigan DOES suck.

Now that I understand.

How many total die hard NU fans do you think there are...would you say the general description or personality of NU fans? is it that of a fair weather fan? Seems like part of Fitzs attitude is anger at fair weather fans....He would like for NU fans to be part of the equation that helps us win and supports the efforts of kids that are trying to do it the right way. But this thread started with the most un-enjoyable experience of sitting at a game outnumbered by visiting team fans......and it bugs me to no end...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT