ADVERTISEMENT

About the football facility

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I asked Fitz at the press conference today about what expectations he's set with recruits regarding completion of the new football facility and what he could maybe share with us. He made a joke out of it, saying that he is letting players design their own locker and the handles for their locker. Then he said, "I'm honest with them. I show them where we're at, what we're doing." I don't think he understood my question (or I didn't do a good job asking it), and I didn't follow up. That, or he just wanted to avoid answer because he is not supposed to disclose anything yet.

But I've asked several members of this class about what they've been told about the new facility, and virtually all of them (minus one or two that weren't sure) said that, as they understand it, construction would begin this spring or summer and the facility would be built in the next two or three years. Most answered "the end of our sophomore or beginning of our junior years" for when it would open. Two of them said they were told that permitting is currently holding up the process but that construction should commence soon. So that's what Fitz is telling them, anyway.

I may try to follow up on this issue at some other time, either with Fitz, Jim Phillips or someone else. Not sure how much they'll say, though.

This post was edited on 2/4 5:15 PM by Lou V

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News