ADVERTISEMENT

Actually, we looked better...and that is what is needed!

Mr Wickerpark

Dec 28, 2016
I was impressed and it looks like Smith is improving.
We played competitive and thats what I need to see.

I feel alot better now about next year than I did against Indy.

Yea we lost but its all about progress and development.

Smith actually looked comfortable and imo fairly solid. Interesting.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

No.

Yea, please, my goodness, this is a program that won the big ten championship and has been a top 15 win, consolation losses against walk on quarterbacks are not cute at all

I actually thought Smith was considerably better today. That doesn’t mean he was good. It was bad in Q3 against the wind when play calls shortened the field and he started locking into guys who weren’t open. But he did lead a TD drive that put us ahead, and another drive that probably would have clinched it if 1) Slater doesn’t hold, and 2) Kuhbender doesn’t clank.

Last edited:
I actually thought Smith was considerably better today. That doesn’t mean he was good. It was bad in Q3 against the wind when play calls shortened the field and he started locking into guys who weren’t open. But he did lead a TD drive that out us ahead, and another drive that probably clinched it if 1) Slater doesn’t hold, and 2) Kuhbender doesn’t clank.
Was he better or was it Purdue? I think it was P-U.

I actually thought Smith was considerably better today. That doesn’t mean he was good. It was bad in Q3 against the wind when play calls shortened the field and he started locking into guys who weren’t open. But he did lead a TD drive that out us ahead, and another drive that probably clinched it if 1) Slater doesn’t hold, and 2) Kuhbender doesn’t clank.
This is the fairest assessment of the game, I think.

This is the fairest assessment of the game, I think.

Smith looked like a college qb. He has gotten better and more experience every game .Has anyone ever thought mabey they are developing him now for next year.? You can tell he is very comfortable in the offense had some real nice throws. He started 8 for 10 or something like that. Sure they made some adjustments and he struggled a bit, but he himself also adjusted. That’s what you learn from experience. He had a few big 3rd and long passes to continue drives I like the kid. I guess see what he does rest of year and he and Johnson can compete next year. This offense really misses scrow and they just don’t have a nagel or Carr type receiver right now. I kinda like James wish they would get him a little more involved. Seems to always be northwestern prob year after year. Just can’t get that stud receiver to come here. Or they just don’t utilize receivers to there positives. I mean shit jelania roberts was prob fastest receiver we had the last 4 years. You mean you couldn’t run go routes for him to take top off defense. Used to drive me nuts they never did that. Oh well get experience the next few games and see what happens next year
Sucks and pisses me off with 1win some changes will be coming. Have to after a year like this

Smith looked like a college qb. He has gotten better and more experience every game .Has anyone ever thought mabey they are developing him now for next year.? You can tell he is very comfortable in the offense had some real nice throws. He started 8 for 10 or something like that. Sure they made some adjustments and he struggled a bit, but he himself also adjusted. That’s what you learn from experience. He had a few big 3rd and long passes to continue drives I like the kid. I guess see what he does rest of year and he and Johnson can compete next year. This offense really misses scrow and they just don’t have a nagel or Carr type receiver right now. I kinda like James wish they would get him a little more involved. Seems to always be northwestern prob year after year. Just can’t get that stud receiver to come here. Or they just don’t utilize receivers to there positives. I mean shit jelania roberts was prob fastest receiver we had the last 4 years. You mean you couldn’t run go routes for him to take top off defense. Used to drive me nuts they never did that. Oh well get experience the next few games and see what happens next year
Sucks and pisses me off with 1win some changes will be coming. Have to after a year like this

Jelani Roberts was too small to threaten defenses. They jammed him at the line and he had no chance.

You must be in a dream world

Maybe that is why Smith is getting all the in-game reps, as they feel that he's the best chance for next year.

Maybe that is why Smith is getting all the in-game reps, as they feel that he's the best chance for next year.

The only reason Smith or anyone else is playing now is because they give the team the best chance to win today. Playing for next year is the equivalent of pro team tanking for higher draft picks. Anyone notice that those teams are almost always perennial losers? Winning now is all that matters. Winning is a habit just like losing is a bad habit that you want to break at all costs.

The only reason Smith or anyone else is playing now is because they give the team the best chance to win today. Playing for next year is the equivalent of pro team tanking for higher draft picks. Anyone notice that those teams are almost always perennial losers? Winning now is all that matters. Winning is a habit just like losing is a bad habit that you want to break at all costs.

Not convinced.

Smith has not won us a single game.

The level of competition wasn’t exactly stellar. Purdue had 3 wins and their QB was making his first start?

Our staff just seems to be way too stubborn. Our CB’s were playing so far off the line the second half that it was basically a free 5 yards minimum to Purdue each play unless they didn’t execute well.

Progress??? From when, this week?

Imagine if it was HJ getting the reps and actually improving and getting comfortable.

ADVERTISEMENT