ADVERTISEMENT

AD news!

No, that's what I would call a fact.

If UCLA wanted her, they would have hired her. After all, she's an alum.

Have you compared her accomplishments to Reynolds yet?

I have. Have you? I have no dog in this fight. I’m just enjoying calling you out on your obviously biased opinion. Both look to be solid candidates, with a slight edge to Reed-Francois based on her level of experience (having worked in multiple athletic departments).

Recent higher level roles:

2013Tennessee (Deputy AD)
2013–2014Cincinnati (Senior Assc. AD, Interim AD)
2014–2017Virginia Tech(Football)
2017–UNLV (Athletic Director)

Last edited:
You are correct. Chris Reynolds is at Bradley.

The basketball program has been heading in the wrong direction for quite some time (even before Reynolds became AD). Bradley has a history of being a pretty solid basketball program. I had season tickets for about ten years when they had players like Jimmy Les and Hersey Hawkins. Back then, they were always in contention for the Missouri Valley title, but not so much lately.

The other sports programs (both men's and women's) at Bradley are, and have been, pretty solid. Their men's soccer and baseball teams are traditionally strong, as well as women's volleyball, and softball.

It's probably too soon to make an appraisal of Reynold's performance. Having said that, Bradley fans and alums were pretty excited when Reynolds was given the job. My personal impression is that he is a straight shooter, and has high character values, but don't know how that relates to success on the floor, diamond, and track. Since I'm not an alum and gave up my basketball season tickets quite a long time ago, I don't have any idea as to his fund raising skills. He seems very open, and likeable.

Read an article about Kate Popovic’s hire at Bradley…made me wonder if we missed the boat on hiring Reynolds at NU? Jury is still out on Gragg. Hoping we see some news on NIL and new stadium soon.

Read an article about Kate Popovic’s hire at Bradley…made me wonder if we missed the boat on hiring Reynolds at NU? Jury is still out on Gragg. Hoping we see some news on NIL and new stadium soon.
I was surprised he was not in the mix or mentioned much. He does have an impressive background. I think losing our chief operating officer to Clemson is another blow and not a good sign. I assume the new president will assess the situation as well when she starts.

I, after reading a few articles and never having spoken to any of the candidates, hereby declare my pick for Northwestern athletic director to be… envelope please… Aneida Job from East (a different direction) McKeesport High School.

Reactions: NUCat320
I, after reading a few articles and never having spoken to any of the candidates, hereby declare my pick for Northwestern athletic director to be… envelope please… Aneida Job from East (a different direction) McKeesport High School.
Not Ann M Ploid?

Reactions: StreamCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT