ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Ritt is picking Pitt

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
No alumni love from Adam Rittenberg...

Dec. 28

New Era Pinstripe Bowl: No. 23 Pittsburgh vs. Northwestern
(2 p.m., ESPN, Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York)
Pitt has the strongest 8-4 record in the country -- wins over No. 2 Clemson and No. 5 Penn State -- and a coach (Pat Narduzzi) who defended Northwestern for years. Northwestern's offense has improved enough to keep pace into the second half, but Pitt will be too much in the fourth as James Conner scores two touchdowns. Pitt 38, Northwestern 28.

He picks Bama over OSU in the final, BTW.

Link: Adam picks 'em all

I would be surprised if anyone picks NU, this is a mismatch of an 8-4 team with wins over two top 10 teams versus a 6-6 team who was almost shut out in a loss to an FCS school. There is no way to slice it in which Pitt would not be favored.

Reactions: Fitz51
I would be surprised if anyone picks NU, this is a mismatch of an 8-4 team with wins over two top 10 teams versus a 6-6 team who was almost shut out in a loss to an FCS school. There is no way to slice it in which Pitt would not be favored.

That's the spirit! Go team!

I wonder how NU would do against another 8-4 team with a top 5 win, like say Iowa. This fear of the 23rd ranked team in the country is baffling to me. NU took OSU and Wisconsin to the 4th quarter (WMU too), beat Iowa on the road. Pitt is a good team but my goodness, they aren't Alabama

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT