ADVERTISEMENT

Added Mojo to the Good Omen for the Season Ahead

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
EDITED TO ADD:
Today my backyard raspberry patch was also attacked by the Mojo Moose. This time a family member captured the Moose in the photo as well:

photo_zpsf27513db.jpg

PRIOR POST:

The Mojo Moose was here today smashing down my raspberry patch.

photo_zpse9fe774f.jpg

Last edited:
... and so far there has not been a repeat of last year's unfortunate season beginning loss of the karma bearing Moose to jinx the rest of the season.

photo_zps742f8bce.jpg

The moose says, " This is what opposing offensive lines will look like after our blitz packages run right through them.

Blitz packages, Doc. Blitz packages.

... and so far there has not been a repeat of last year's unfortunate season beginning loss of the karma bearing Moose to jinx the rest of the season.

Do you see a lot of Moose roadkill? I would think that large lumbering animal would be hard to miss (visually, that is). Then again, with those long winter nights and snow blizzards, I suppose one or two accidents do happen from time to time.

Alaska, I used to believe in the moose, but after last year, it seems now nothing is more a sign of doom than your damned moose.

Alaska, I used to believe in the moose, but after last year, it seems now nothing is more a sign of doom than your damned moose.

Well the early demise of the Rally Moose last year certainly did not help. At least this year we are off to a better start. Hopefully we can reconvert you by getting to a bowl game.

Cat in the Cradle posted:

Do you see a lot of Moose roadkill? I would think that large lumbering animal would be hard to miss (visually, that is). Then again, with those long winter nights and snow blizzards, I suppose one or two accidents do happen from time to time.

Here in Anchorage where traffic is slower the number of road kills is limited. However on the main highways and along the Alaska Railroad track dozens, if not hundreds, of moose are struck by cars and trains each year. I have been the car behind the car that hit a moose on at least two occasions. Most scary though was crossing a bridge at night and seeing at the last moment a moose standing just inches away from my vehicle on the shoulder next to the bridge. A friend hit two Moose in one week. Ironically her husband was a butcher and often gets called upon to cut up meat from Moose road kills to give to charity.

Last edited:
We need some mooses/heavy beef on the defensive line beginning opening week

Nice twist.

By the way, as noted in my just edited initial post, the Wildcats are the beneficiaries of added karma from today's added visit by the Mojo Moose, this time to my backyard raspberry patch. Here is the photo a family member took earlier today:

photo_zpsf27513db.jpg

photo_zpsfca6405a.jpg

Apparently the raspberry loving Moose is picky about his vegetables, having passed over the carrot and zucchini plants in the garden.

And today's view from the front yard - thankfully the Moose remained more attracted to red berries than to red leather.

photo_zpse8b61865.jpg

Last edited:
My wife saw a large moose with a full rack in Park City Utah yesterday. I'm going to say it is a good omen too.

My wife with a full rack saw a large moose....A full rack is indeed a good omen

The Moose came through.

photo_zpsf27513db.jpg

Prediction Thread from yesterday:

"NU 16
Stanford 14

In a low scoring game that includes a ..... touchdown and multiple field goals to give the Cats victory."

Well, at least I got Northwestern's score on the money. Credit Ubercat and Hungry Jack for being closest on Stanford's with Uber at 3 and Hungry at 1!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT