ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Smith...

As is Hunter. Made his best throw of the day hanging in against the blitz. Our QBs had little to no chance most of the day.

It makes my blood boil that these guys can’t count on the OL to have their backs. Hunter gets absolutely rocked but stands tall, and then pulls up gimpy while running for his life.

OL room should be ashamed of themselves.

As is Hunter. Made his best throw of the day hanging in against the blitz. Our QBs had little to no chance most of the day.
Agreed that was a great throw. We lost all momentum on that drive after he went down. If he didn’t get hurt maybe that is a scoring drive.

From the time that TJ Green played and what Aiden Smith did today....just seems that Hunter Johnson either has not figured out the offense or lacks some of the necessary skills at this point...I think this is on the coaches....The fact that TG was going to split time at the beginning of the season seamed to be a sign that the coaches were unsure....nothing on Hunter Johnson seems like a great kid and maybe that is the issue, that he is tooo uptight......but you got to go with someone who can run the offense.

Reactions: Billy Bean
It makes my blood boil that these guys can’t count on the OL to have their backs. Hunter gets absolutely rocked but stands tall, and then pulls up gimpy while running for his life.

Who is our 4th string QB because he is going to see action before the end of the season.

We can continue to blame the O-line all we want but it is what it is...

The thing is, McCall seems fine letting NU QBs get crunched (he knows protection is a major issue and yet, keeps calling for the QB to stand tall in the pocket).

^ Haven't seen any such issues (if anything, HJ has shown toughness and poise under duress).

What he hasn't shown (on a consistent basis) is quick decision-making and trying to make plays off-schedule (think he is capable of that, but is trying to do things by the book).

That should come as he gets more familiar/comfortable w/ the O.

We can continue to blame the O-line all we want but it is what it is...

The thing is, McCall seems fine letting NU QBs get crunched (he knows protection is a major issue and yet, keeps calling for the QB to stand tall in the pocket).
was wondering why they never ran a true option or even a screen. Someone should ask Fitz, right after they ask him why he went for two, TWICE! Duck!

Reactions: IGNORE
Johnson’s mental toughness, poise and leadership skills were in question when he left Clemson. Everyone knew this, including the NU staff.
He looks pretty dam tough to me. Did you watch the game? Must not have because he was rushed and sacked hard numerous times.

We lost this game on three totally missed blocks where the QB got nailed!

I remember the Cats running two screens, both of which were quickly snuffed by Wisconsin.

Fixed it for you (FIFY):

I remember the Cats running two screens, both of which were well timed and looked to have potential for decent yardage, but our OG was unable to make his block which allowed the play to be quickly snuffed by Wisconsin.

And that's saying something.
Just wondering, Smithee: Am I still in the running? Would not take it well if I were summarily eliminated from contention. If I’m still in consideration, I have several hours to make up the difference! I could always start up a “Fire Hank” thread to clinch it.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
was wondering why they never ran a true option or even a screen. Someone should ask Fitz, right after they ask him why he went for two, TWICE! Duck!
They ran a couple of screens, neither of which worked because the blockers didn't pick up the guy who made the tackle...both times. It's on the OL and coaching to have the OL know where they should go and who to look for. With appropriate blocking both screens would have been fantastic.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

Some of it is on the quarterback. They need to recognize safety blitzes. That's not the offensive line's fault. In one of the sacks of Hunter, I assume he called a pass in a RPO and completely missed the blitzing player. On a couple of other sacks, our quarterbacks locked in on one side of the field and never sensed the defender coming. Our offensive line did not play well and didn't give the quarterback enough time on most plays but the quarterbacks could have avoided some of the worst sacks.

No, you won the lifetime achievement award a few years back though.
In the spirit of Rodney Dangerfield, I must not have gotten an invitation to my own award ceremony. It figures. Looking forward to my posthumous induction into the Wildcat Numbskull Hall of Fame, though.

Is a baller. Wasn’t expecting that. Made some mistakes but moved our offense best it did all day. Gutsy runs and td pass.

I’d also say he is really good decision maker. Half the battle is making the right throw or run. He was decisive and confident. Combo of decision making and confidence made the offense hum along and fun ti watch in q4.

Two solid play calls that had good potential for nice yardage were it not for poor execution by our OL.

Two terrible play calls because they were highly predictable and the defense was moving to blow-up the play at the moment of the snap. Orlando Pace couldn’t have gotten out there fast enough...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT