ADVERTISEMENT

An RU fan says OUTSTANDING win, 'Cats...

devoted2ru

Nov 27, 2006
A Rutgers fan here saying EXCELLENT job today! -Your team definitely took care of business and clipped the wings of the Cardinal.

Again, terrific way to begin your season. ...You did the B1G proud!

It's still weird seeing Rutgers guys coming here with B1G love and all that. You have to love their enthusiasm for the league, and I get the NYC market thing, but it's surreal to think of Rutgers as part of the B1G.

It's still weird seeing Rutgers guys coming here with B1G love and all that. You have to love their enthusiasm for the league, and I get the NYC market thing, but it's surreal to think of Rutgers as part of the B1G.

EvanstonCat, I can understand your feelings. After all, RU is one of the two new kids on the block in the B1G, and truthfully, we're still acclimating to being part of the B1G brotherhood ourselves. -But without question, as you pointed out, "R" enthusiasm regarding being part of what we view as the top league in the nation is absolutely genuine and we wouldn't want to be in any other conference.

They say that change is the one constant in life, and for RU fans, this particular change, (in league affiliation), is one we feel is possibly THE most important in the history of the University, both athletically, and just as importantly, academically.

Also, there is a connection of sorts between Northwestern and RU; Wildcat WR Miles Shuler is a Jersey guy, and at one time was actually a Scarlet Knight. -Good to see he's having success and had an important catch in your win today. :)

Thanks for another dick post ECat. If I could have simply given your post a thumbs down I would have - as such will respond in full. Having lived in NJ I am happy that Rutgers joined the Big Ten if anyone was going to. I think that that program is a sleeping giant with all the tri-state talent: If they get their act fully together they could become a new power and more than earn their keep.

BTW When's the last time you actually saw a live Northwestern game? Get your ass in a Big Ten seat for the first time in decades before you criticize tens of thousands of passionate Rutgers fans who actually attend Big Ten games. Plenty of games left for you to fly in for this year.

Screw you. No disrespect intended to the RU fan. Simply, surreal to think of Rutgers in the B1G. Didn't put them down, and was one of the only people who was talking about the merits of the program when expansion was the topic of the day. You're the dick, dick.

BTW, the last time I saw a game was 10.5 months ago, even though I live thousands of miles from Evanston, and I was up til 4:30am last night listening to the post-game. I still have the season tickets that I have owned since I graduated. I chose my business school on the basis of wanting to go back to Evanston to watch NU football. And don't ask about how much money I have put into the program. Don't you effing question me about my dedication to NU football a-hole. 2006. Is that when you started following the Cats or when you graduated? What a joke. My first game as a Cats fan was watching them lose to Duke during the 1st game of an 0-11 season pre-Barnett. You were in grade school and your balls hadn't even dropped. Go f yourself.

;
EvanstonCat, I can understand your feelings. After all, RU is one of the two new kids on the block in the B1G, and truthfully, we're still acclimating to being part of the B1G brotherhood ourselves. -But without question, as you pointed out, "R" enthusiasm regarding being part of what we view as the top league in the nation is absolutely genuine and we wouldn't want to be in any other conference.

They say that change is the one constant in life, and for RU fans, this particular change, (in league affiliation), is one we feel is possibly THE most important in the history of the University, both athletically, and just as importantly, academically.

Also, there is a connection of sorts between Northwestern and RU; Wildcat WR Miles Shuler is a Jersey guy, and at one time was actually a Scarlet Knight. -Good to see he's having success and had an important catch in your win today. :)

No problem, and as I have said before welcome to the B1G. My post wasn't meant to say I didn't think you belonged. Just that it's surreal sometimes thinking of you in the B1G. The same goes for Maryland, btw.

Screw you. No disrespect intended to the RU fan. Simply, surreal to think of Rutgers in the B1G. Didn't put them down, and was one of the only people who was talking about the merits of the program when expansion was the topic of the day. You're the dick, dick.

BTW, the last time I saw a game was 10.5 months ago, even though I live thousands of miles from Evanston, and I was up til 4:30am last night listening to the post-game. I still have the season tickets that I have owned since I graduated. I chose my business school on the basis of wanting to go back to Evanston to watch NU football. And don't ask about how much money I have put into the program. Don't you effing question me about my dedication to NU football a-hole. 2006. Is that when you started following the Cats or when you graduated? What a joke. My first game as a Cats fan was watching them lose to Duke during the 1st game of an 0-11 season pre-Barnett. You were in grade school and your balls hadn't even dropped. Go f yourself.

Whoa, easy big fella...........

Hey he's from Jersey, just speaking in language that he'd understand. Though my guess he's from South Jersey given the douche factor.

South Jersey is essentially Pennsylvania and Chris Christie should just donate it to the Keystone State.....

Sorry for the too strong response - my bad Ecat. Was a little riled up & know from your posts that you're a true NU fan. I'm actually originally from Chicago but was treated very kindly by all Rutgers fans during my time in NJ (received a ton of congratulatory text from NJ fans before I saw your post and responded too harshly myself) so am just tired of people who still question their Big Ten credentials.

Mea culpa. No more on this and if it wasn't quoted I'd delete my original post. I never want any bad blood with a fellow NU fan even over a silly digital misunderstanding. Back to celebrating a huge win.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Apology accepted, and sorry on my part for the harsh response. And especially for suggesting you were form South Jersey. That was uncalled for.

GO CATS

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT