ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Dakich!!

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
...But part of improving the foundational talent is also kicking up that second team (fewer "projects") so you're not devoted to ...

... Yes, NU needs to improve its first five. But I hope they also concentrate more on the whole roster so they are better prepared such as some of the very real possibilities I think we'll see next year.

Excuse my continuation of "The whole 'talent' thing ..." thread.

If a schollie opens up next year, Dakich is EXACTLY the kind of obtainable and serviceable, fifth-year player the Cats need to provide some insurance and stabilize things a bit.

I think there will be a world of difference if you can find a smart,18-20 minute guy who plays efficiently, while taking care of the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: IGNORE2
Of course we should look for talent wherever we can find it but that Dakich thing is weird. Seeing a guy who seemed such a perfect fit at Michigan suddenly wearing Buckeye red? It just felt... Eww.

Reactions: ricko654321
Of course we should look for talent wherever we can find it but that Dakich thing is weird. Seeing a guy who seemed such a perfect fit at Michigan suddenly wearing Buckeye red? It just felt... Eww.
Think he will good in Purple as well.

Excuse my continuation of "The whole 'talent' thing ..." thread.

If a schollie opens up next year, Dakich is EXACTLY the kind of obtainable and serviceable, fifth-year player the Cats need to provide some insurance and stabilize things a bit.

I think there will be a world of difference if you can find a smart,18-20 minute guy who plays efficiently, while taking care of the ball.
I think this was a joke? Or are you actually being serious.

I read Sec's post more as wanting a "Dakich type", not necessarily Dakich himself.

I'm on board with this sentiment. I cannot remember a period of time when NU had a serviceable true PG on the bench (maybe Sobo or Jenkins?)

Last edited:

Serious.

I'm not saying a player like him is a program changer or anything like that.

But if a schollie becomes available at the end of the year, the last thing this team needs is another project. That's the only type of player you'd be able to recruit from high school.

They're also not going to be able to get a stud as a fifth-year transfer. The Cats need a piece that fits the puzzle - someone obtainable.

They are going to need some leadership from the guard position - someone who plays smart and takes care of the ball.

They're are also going to need insurance in case Lathon is not ready. If given the opportunity, I think the staff would be crazy to enter the season with a freshman point guard and Ash as a second option.

To me, that's Dakich. The staff should be keeping their eyes out for someone like him.

To me, that's Dakich. The staff should be keeping their eyes out for someone like him.

So you are looking for walkon guards that are graduating their current program and will finish this season with 3 year career totals of 21 points (6/13 Fgs, 3/10 on 3s) and 21 assists and 13 turnovers? Doesn't seem hard to find guys like that. The problem is finding one that will then break out when given a bigger role, though I kinda bet his current 67% shooting on 3s will drop a bit the rest of the year.

Dakich was going to Quinnipiac as his only scholarship offer until OSU got desperate and made an offer. That it turned out fairly well doesn't mean a similar one will be likely to in the future.

Serious.

I'm not saying a player like him is a program changer or anything like that.

But if a schollie becomes available at the end of the year, the last thing this team needs is another project. That's the only type of player you'd be able to recruit from high school.

They're also not going to be able to get a stud as a fifth-year transfer. The Cats need a piece that fits the puzzle - someone obtainable.

They are going to need some leadership from the guard position - someone who plays smart and takes care of the ball.

They're are also going to need insurance in case Lathon is not ready. If given the opportunity, I think the staff would be crazy to enter the season with a freshman point guard and Ash as a second option.

Yeah, I mean I get your point here, but just bc Dakich has come out of nowhere to be a reasonable contributor this year THUS FAR for OSU does not mean that we need to be trying to find a player "like" him with his profile coming in.

Agree though that a guard with the characteristics he has shown to date would be nice to back up Lathon next year.

Is he Dan Jock-itch's kid? Dan is a tool, I know from personal family experience
Personal taste, of course, but I kinda like his commentary on BTN broadcasts. Guess he's a different person off the air. o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT