ADVERTISEMENT

Another reason to be upbeat about this week's game

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
While as a Cat fan it would be great for our team to be 6-0 instead of 5-1 at this point, I would much rather be where we are with Harris's positive prognosis than where we could have been (still undefeated) with an incapacitated player.

I was unable to watch the game live Saturday and when I first turned on the radio they were broadcasting that Northwestern player Matthew Harris was down and not moving with the cart having come out onto the field along with the body board being brought to the downed player. The announcer commented how the entire stadium had gone silent.

To hear shortly thereafter that Harris was sitting up on the cart was the best news. At that point it really didn't matter that the score was 31 to 0.

So glad to hear the encouraging continuing reportings, and whether Harris comes back to play this Saturday or not, I am just happy that he will be coming back.

Last edited:
Just saw Lou's update from later. Every indication Matthew will eventually make it back but looks like a tough healing process at least for the short term. Wishing him the best.

While as a Cat fan it would be great for our team to be 6-0 instead of 5-1 at this point, I would much rather be where we are with Harris's positive prognosis than where we could have been (still undefeated) with an incapacitated player.

I was unable to watch the game live Saturday and when I first turned on the radio they were broadcasting that Northwestern player Matthew Harris was down and not moving with the cart having come out onto the field along with the body board being brought to the downed player. The announcer commented how the entire stadium had gone silent.

To hear shortly thereafter that Harris was sitting up on the cart was the best news. At that point it really didn't matter that the score was 31 to 0.

So glad to hear the encouraging continuing reportings, and whether Harris comes back to play this Saturday or not, I am just happy that he will be coming back.

It is always good news when a player goes off the field on the board and is sitting up on the sidelines. Good to see the injury was not THAT serious at that time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT