ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Gaines "officially graduated"

Can't he also stay if he wants and CC wants him? I thought he was one of our more consistent guys this year
If we have a scholarship that would be great. He gets a grad degree. We get a player suited for specific circumstances and better quality in practice

Can't he also stay if he wants and CC wants him? I thought he was one of our more consistent guys this year
Of course. Our strength next season would be our experience and Gaines would be a part of that. I wasn't expressing any desire for him to depart.

I believe, as a graduating senior this year , he will not count next year, leaving room for one more scholarship

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
The injury last year gave him an extra year

Right. The idea behind the graduating-senior rule is to enable players who would otherwise be out of eligibility to stay with their current program for their extra year from the pandemic without causing roster problems. Thanks to the injury year, Gaines would have been able to stay even without the pandemic year, so the rule isn't intended for him.

(This also means, incidentally, that Gaines actually has two years of eligibility left.)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT