ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Gaines targeted with hate

Great! Has she been arrested?

One thing we know for certain: giving the finger and following people is rare on the highways and biways of American roads! Coupled with the guy quoted in your signature line, I would certainly assume this was a "hate crime!"
Didn't sound like it but she probably should have been.

Really sorry it happened. Crazy people are out there. If AG is in the car with the guys he's playing hoops with, musta been a pretty confident chiquita to provoke the guys that can take care of themselves. Could be intoxicants were involved. Good thing he didn't engage her or there might have been weapons.

Good thing AG goes to school where he's used to being judged on character, even by white people.

That whole incident is a sad indictment of how our society is evolving into for which our president, aka the village idiot, espouses and endorses this behavior. Just sad. Just think if we all got along how much better everyone’s life would be. Idealistic it may be but true.

It's one of the very few, if not only, Christian statements he's ever made. Sadly, the Dems increasingly employ language and tone that looks down upon the poor, a product of an unearned sense of superiority from bourgeois bumnozzles. It was once a party of Jackson, William Jennings Bryan, FDR, who regarded the poor and less educated with reverence. Now, most of the rhetoric is offered up by effete, urban snobs who think their virtue signaling makes them better people.

Actually, it's been the modern Republican party that has used the uneducated (by appealing to baser human instinct) while simultaneously keeping them economically downtrodden (further enriching the 0.1% and making them even more susceptible to the worst of humanity).

The Orange Clown also called families who have not been able to improve their lot over generations to be losers (not everyone can lie, steal and grift like the Drumpf clan).

So a woman flips off Gaines and his buddies, sees where they are going and calls the cops on them and you are defending the woman?

Last edited:
He was minding his own business and a backwards trump supporter gave him the finger for no reason. I’d be upset too. I know this is rant board stuff but this country can do better than this buffoon in office and to not condone these shenanigans. Good to see Gaines take the high road
It's like Trump personally flipped him off himself!

You all are missing the point here.

At one level the gesture given to Anthony and his mates is a level of disrespect. Who knows what happened to instigate it, but giving the finger in following anthony to the gym is a racial taunt - is a personal taunt, creepy, unwarranted (and likely racially motivated).

The BIGGER issue is the implication of FOUR police cars arriving unsolicited to the gym at which Anthony and his mates were just looking to ball. Thankfully nothing escalated, but why in the world should anyone have to live with the shadow of being questioned on their intent for doing something otherwise normal course for any white youth. And in light of what all is going on with respect to the racial tension between authority wielding law enforcement and individuals of color protecting their rights, there should be outrage.

It reminds me of the story published in the NYT about a woman of color who tells her story of having the police called on her when she goes to a remote public birding site that borders predominantly white residences. In both cases, the police arrive to "investigate" and thankfully leave without incident. But in both cases, the show of force and reminder of one's place in the world is undeniable. Beyond the hassle of having to put up with this scrutiny from watchful eyes, Anthony and many people of color do absolutely nothing to invite this risk into their lives.

It sucks, and for those that do not understand these issues and how they go well beyond the normal "disrespect" one individual can convey to another - welcome to White Privilege... Weaponizing hatred through the police should never be tolerated. For our country, these issues are long overdue as they should have been resolved in the Reconstruction following the Civil War. Now on the the Rant Board. LOL

"The BIGGER issue is the implication of FOUR police cars arriving unsolicited to the gym at which Anthony and his mates were just looking to ball. Thankfully nothing escalated, but why in the world should anyone have to live with the shadow of being questioned on their intent for doing something otherwise normal course for any white youth."

This.

cometclear simply won't address this -- almost like it's because it entirely defeats his argument that this was just road rage! Also note that cc doesn't mention the fact that the woman followed them all the way to their destination, either.

Reactions: NUCat320 and Fitz51
"The BIGGER issue is the implication of FOUR police cars arriving unsolicited to the gym at which Anthony and his mates were just looking to ball. Thankfully nothing escalated, but why in the world should anyone have to live with the shadow of being questioned on their intent for doing something otherwise normal course for any white youth."

This.

cometclear simply won't address this -- almost like it's because it entirely defeats his argument that this was just road rage! Also note that cc doesn't mention the fact that the woman followed them all the way to their destination, either.
Hasn't it been said that the woman called the police? Unbelievable!

from a road rager
and where in the tweet from Anthony Ganges is their any evidence of bad driving that would make you jump to the conclusion that the finger was given in response to bad driving..and therefor road rage? glad you acknowledged that you are furious and angry , I hope you get to the point of self awareness where you understand your anger......unless you are just angry at me which is ok...IM a jerk.//// Also just curious if most of what you state is just your opinion..or if you have some support of qualifications to support your views.?

and where in the tweet from Anthony Ganges is their any evidence of bad driving that would make you jump to the conclusion that the finger was given in response to bad driving..and therefor road rage? glad you acknowledged that you are furious and angry , I hope you get to the point of self awareness where you understand your anger......unless you are just angry at me which is ok...IM a jerk.//// Also just curious if most of what you state is just your opinion..or if you have some support of qualifications to support your views.?

Uh, it's called "Occam's Razor," love. I'm sorry that I have to keep repeating this to you, but what is more likely: a road rage incident or a lone white woman threatened and followed a carful of young black men in Chicago because she had a Trump bumper sticker and is thus a racist? Which one occurs far more often than the other on our highways?

BTW, I'm not the one asserting anything. Gaines made the claim. I'm skeptical, particularly in our current cultural climate, along with the hundreds of racial hoaxes over the past several years, often perpetrated by college students.

Any updates on arrests or litigation in this case? It seems to have disappeared from the radar. Someone mentioned the police report being available to the public. It might be helpful to post that report.

So Occam's Razor was developed to provide a reason to believe in miracles....and CC what you keep leaving out is the police showing up at the basketball facility........now what is more reasonable to believe? that out of nowhere the police showed up at that facility or that someone brought their presence there to the police....? or maybe they just wanted to play some 4 on 4? or that a trump supporter might have a racist trend? I really do not want to get any further on this other than to say that it is really unfortunate that Anthony Gaines who seems to be a very upstanding individual had to experience this.....the finer details I guess we will leave up Occam,,,,,that these coincidences were miracles...but I will leave you with an interesting study on trump supports and racism done by the Brookings Institue...you can decide if it has validity and adds any weight to one view or another....https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2019/08/14/trump-and-racism-what-do-the-data-say/

Reactions: willycat
Uh, it's called "Occam's Razor," love. I'm sorry that I have to keep repeating this to you, but what is more likely: a road rage incident or a lone white woman threatened and followed a carful of young black men in Chicago because she had a Trump bumper sticker and is thus a racist? Which one occurs far more often than the other on our highways?

BTW, I'm not the one asserting anything. Gaines made the claim. I'm skeptical, particularly in our current cultural climate, along with the hundreds of racial hoaxes over the past several years, often perpetrated by college students.
Were hundreds of racial hoaxes the same as the virus hoax???

"[H]undreds of racial hoaxes over the past several years, often perpetrated by college students."

"WTF are you talking about" was my first reaction. Then I thought, what right wing news source is pushing this talking point. I used the google. Dr. Wilfred Reilly from Kentucky State University has appeared on Fox to discuss his research about his 400 instances of hoaxes from 2010 to 2017. Bonus, on twitter he will offer you his hot takes on COVID-19. Will also note the Kentucky State University (I admit I had no idea it exists) clearly has a niche in higher education and according US News and World Report is not a bad school. So I learned two things today. Dr. Reilly is all about the Fox but he works for university that apparently does a pretty good job serving the people of Kentucky.

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT