ADVERTISEMENT

At Game Attendance

catfans5

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2011
The only way that I can describe the attendance at the start of the game is by one word—-empty!

I plead guilty to missing the first 2 games due to HS football interference. Wasn't expecting my son to still be playing lol.

Reactions: drewjin
The only way that I can describe the attendance at the start of the game is by one word—-empty!

After last week, really hard to blame anyone. Win some games, show some life and they will come. Only the Cubs can put a terrible product on the field and fill the largest beer garden in the world.

I far prefer these early season games. I'm old, I like to saunter up to the counter and not wait in line. Use the seat next to me for my coat. That sort of thing.

The combination of a late start on a weeknight and the dismal Friday performance kept attendance WAY down, despite playing a "name" opponent. My daughter and I literally had the entire row to ourselves in Section 101 -- 2 seats occupied, 12 empty.

The combination of a late start on a weeknight and the dismal Friday performance kept attendance WAY down, despite playing a "name" opponent. My daughter and I literally had the entire row to ourselves in Section 101 -- 2 seats occupied, 12 empty.
At least they didn't sell/give them away to Providence fans.

If the team isn’t competitive then some Big 10 games could be “home” games for our opponents.

Attendance was listed at 5,204. There were lots of no-shows and not many students, but I thought the crowd was lively and into the game.

ADVERTISEMENT