ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Wrestling tourney— Day 1

NorthNJCatsfan

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2015
Good early rounds for NU. Thomas so close to upsetting #1, losing in Sudden Victory. Now showing his full potential.

Deakin and Rivera win their semi matches. Oster, Davison and DeAugustino lose their semi matches.

Yayha looks amazing! Rivera too!
Except yahya couldn't finish in the Top 10 of his weight class.
We started strong, but honestly only getting 5 to the NCAA is really disappointing.
On the other hand - two national title contenders and maybe even a 3rd AA next week if the bracket works out would be awesome!

This was a good tournament for NU. The team needs to fill some holes in a few weight classes.

This was a good tournament for NU. The team needs to fill some holes in a few weight classes.

From a scoring perspective it was great.
From a qualifying perspective for NCAAs, it was disappointing as I thought 141 and 149 had great chances to get spots and failed to do so.

From a qualifying perspective for NCAAs, it was disappointing as I thought 141 and 149 had great chances to get spots and failed to do so.
Also, 2 champions is ALWAYS ALWAYS great

Thomas will get in! Wait and see! I think he automatically qualified.

Thomas will get in! Wait and see! I think he automatically qualified.
I think Thomas will get a wildcard! He lost to the number one ranked kid in double overtime. I'm quite sure he is in as he won three matches and beat the tough PSU kid too! Yayha can AA this year,along with Davison!

NU had no chance at 141. At 149, Thomas should get an invite on the basis of his semi with Sasso.

Reactions: Titanium999
NU had no chance at 141. At 149, Thomas should get an invite on the basis of his semi with Sasso.
At 141 there were 8 AQs and McKenna was seeded 10th and faced a guy he had beaten already once this year to qualify. I certainly wouldn't say "no shot" but I agree he would have been the 7th most likely in our lineup. I'd have called it a mild upset, not a major one.

At 141 there were 8 AQs and McKenna was seeded 10th and faced a guy he had beaten already once this year to qualify. I certainly wouldn't say "no shot" but I agree he would have been the 7th most likely in our lineup. I'd have called it a mild upset, not a major one.
Ya,but that kid from Purdue was wrestling great later in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT