ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Transfers

Catdude

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
To quantify what the baseball team lost this season (and why we’re 0-12), here is what our transfers are currently doing:

Anthony Calarco: starting 1B for Ole Miss (currently ranked 4th in country) and batting .380
Ethan O’Donnell: starting CF for UVA (currently ranked 17th in country) and batting .373
Jay Beshears: starting 2B at Duke and batting .323
Patrick Herrera: backup infielder at Kentucky
Sean Sullivan: starting pitcher for Wake Forest (currently ranked 5th in country) with a 1.83 ERA

With those guys, I think we’d have one of the more talented offenses in NU baseball history. I don’t know if they were transferring regardless of if Reynolds remained the coach or not, but their departures absolutely decimated the program.

To quantify what the baseball team lost this season (and why we’re 0-12), here is what our transfers are currently doing:

Anthony Calarco: starting 1B for Ole Miss (currently ranked 4th in country) and batting .380
Ethan O’Donnell: starting CF for UVA (currently ranked 17th in country) and batting .373
Sean Sullivan: starting pitcher for Wake Forest (currently ranked 5th in country) with a 1.83 ERA

With those guys, I think we’d have one of the more talented offenses in NU baseball history. I don’t know if they were transferring regardless of if Reynolds remained the coach or not, but their departures absolutely decimated the program.
That pretty much describes it. It was very impressive that we were able to get those players in the first place.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I don't think they transferred at all because of the coaching change.

But yes - good, deep teams could not have sustained that.

This isn’t why they’re 0-12. They have plenty of talent to not be 0-12. There is much more going on here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT