ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball ranking question

FloridAlum

May 29, 2001
I seem to remember a conversation on this board a number of months ago discussing different rankings systems. It seems to me that someone mentioned a ranking site totally unfamiliar to me that was somewhat similar to Pomeroy. A couple of other people said they also thought it was better because of a different algorithm or something like that.I do not remember the name. Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about? Am I imagining this? Alternatively does anyone have a ranking system similar to Pomroy for college basketball that they think is very good.?
PS I am definitely Not referring to Sagarin

I seem to remember a conversation on this board a number of months ago discussing different rankings systems. It seems to me that someone mentioned a ranking site totally unfamiliar to me that was somewhat similar to Pomeroy. A couple of other people said they also thought it was better because of a different algorithm or something like that.I do not remember the name. Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about? Am I imagining this? Alternatively does anyone have a ranking system similar to Pomroy for college basketball that they think is very good.?
Bart Torvik's system is similar to Pomeroy but better.....it's FREE!

http://barttorvik.com/#

Yeah, you're definitely thinking of Bart Torvik's site, as linked above by Fitz.

Thanks folks, that is probably yet, but I certainly could not remember the name. I really need to give it to someone else who asked me about it

Thanks folks, that is probably yet, but I certainly could not remember the name. I really need to give it to someone else who asked me about it

Torvik's site is free and can be played around with in a number of different ways as opposed to KenPom which doesn't really let you search anything or customize the data in any way. However, as Torvik himself points out, KenPom is probably a little more accurate for predicting future performance. Torvik is getting close, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT