ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor's coach to the Panthers

d'son d

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2007
Matt Rhule will be the next Panthers coach. The transfer portal becomes an open door again, especially with the current signing period still pending. Free agency is here.

Matt Rhule will be the next Panthers coach. The transfer portal becomes an open door again, especially with the current signing period still pending. Free agency is here.

Unless they're real pricks about it, Baylor could/should theoretically allow any player who wants out to be released from their NLI.

Unless they're real pricks about it, Baylor could/should theoretically allow any player who wants out to be released from their NLI.
the beauty of Fitz and NU is the stability of the head coach and the program, sometimes too stable. However, the players know this in advance. Ruhle's last 10 years have been a change of venue every few years as his star rose. The recruits who signed this year should have had some awareness of his history of mobility and should have asked about that at their visit. I agree, though, that those who were signed under his roof should be given a free [pass out if they wish.

the beauty of Fitz and NU is the stability of the head coach and the program, sometimes too stable. However, the players know this in advance. Ruhle's last 10 years have been a change of venue every few years as his star rose. The recruits who signed this year should have had some awareness of his history of mobility and should have asked about that at their visit. I agree, though, that those who were signed under his roof should be given a free [pass out if they wish.

Rhule is a really good Coach, but he hasn’t been an elite Recruiter based on rankings. Baylor certainly outperformed their recruiting rankings!

And maybe even a better developer of talent, which is by far the most important quality for a coach.
Absolutely it is and part of the reason NU has been successful. Still won’t win championships without an uptick in talent to go along with that development.

it’s also a necessity to have top tier talent to be a playoff contender. In my mind is is indisputable. LSU, Clemson, OSU, and Oklahoma get the cream of the crop. That’s why these schools along with a handful more will be the only schools in a 4 team playoff discussion in the foreseeable future.

Doesn't anyone remember that Baylor systematically condoned ongoing rape? Anybody else have a daughter they care about? Sheesh, what does a program have to do to get actual punishment? To me, "it's ok, we fired the coach", isn't acceptable.

separate thread, probably, but to me, I am not interested in supporting some criminal punk just because he can jump higher than another guy that keeps his pants on.

Reactions: willycat
Doesn't anyone remember that Baylor systematically condoned ongoing rape? Anybody else have a daughter they care about? Sheesh, what does a program have to do to get actual punishment? To me, "it's ok, we fired the coach", isn't acceptable.

Sorry, I think you mean a "sex scandal" or a "scandal" or simply "facing adversity," as many media outlets laughably insist on calling it.

separate thread, probably, but to me, I am not interested in supporting some criminal punk just because he can jump higher than another guy that keeps his pants on.

What?

He is referring to the awful Baylor sex scandal.

I thought it had been wrapped up with Briles’s firing and ergo OT, but per Wikipedia there were still players on his 2018 team that were suspended due to sexual assault:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_sexual_assault_scandal

I admit that I thought Ped State should have gotten the death penalty for the Sandusky cover-up. Baylor was accused of lack of institutional control yet faced no true repercussions from the NCAA. Pathetic and disgusting.

Doubt too many Baylor players would do well getting into NU. Their average Wonderlick score was 12 (probably for guys trying to go to pros) NU's was 31.1

Doubt too many Baylor players would do well getting into NU. Their average Wonderlick score was 12 (probably for guys trying to go to pros) NU's was 31.1

Hooray for wild speculation!

I know for a fact that at least a handful of Baylor's commits were/are on NU's radar.

The allegation against Sandusky that finally broke things open occurred when Sandusky was no longer part of the FB program, so really don't see how the NCAA should have jurisdiction over the matter.

Anyhow, Rhule did a masterful job in resuscitating the Baylor program (unfortunately) and he did it w/ 3 former Texas HS coaches on his staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT