ADVERTISEMENT

Best B1G weekend in history!

After the "Drubbing in Durham" and 2 consecutive azz-kickings at the hands of Wisky & State Penn, I was about to give this team a flier for the rest of the 2017 season. Especially after the State Penn train wreck, when I could see from viewing what was happening with the NU offense through my binoculars, I saw a Wildcat team wave the white flag of surrender and emotionally check-out from this game. That was something reminiscent of the Dark Ages. Now this... 3 consecutive OT "Ws" and the "Cat O scoring a TD in every single possession over these three win-or-go-home OTs. DC Doc Hankwitz & the defensive coaching staff all need a raise for the job they have done to keep this unit focused and on point when others (the 'Cat O) looked like they would mail it in.

Cats beat Nebraska in OT at Lincoln.

MSU knocks off PSU

Iowa crushes OSU
You forgot that Rutgers beat Maryland. So we may finally have fourteen legitimate teams in the “Big Ten” conference.

Well thirteen, not including the iLOLinois Crying LOLini.

After the "Drubbing in Durham" and 2 consecutive azz-kickings at the hands of Wisky & State Penn, I was about to give this team a flier for the rest of the 2017 season. Especially after the State Penn train wreck, when I could see from viewing what was happening with the NU offense through my binoculars, I saw a Wildcat team wave the white flag of surrender and emotionally check-out from this game. That was something reminiscent of the Dark Ages. Now this... 3 consecutive OT "Ws" and the "Cat O scoring a TD in every single possession over these three win-or-go-home OTs. DC Doc Hankwitz & the defensive coaching staff all need a raise for the job they have done to keep this unit focused and on point when others (the 'Cat O) looked like they would mail it in.
This. Exactly. I thought they would mail it in for the rest of the season, maybe beat PU and Ill. Didn't expect this.

Reactions: rmndcat

I really didn't think they checked out against PSU — just played a lousy game.

Reactions: Dugan15

The Duke debacle was the only big disappointment and seemed to be because our coaches failed to put together an OL before the 4th or 5th game of the season. Against Wisky we had one really bad 3rd quarter otherwise we would’ve taken that game. PSU we were just not going to beat. They were too good at that time. We took away Barkley but at the expense of free pitch and catch for McSorley most of the game.

We have the talent and momentum to win out but could easily lose any of the remaining 3 if we “take a quarter off” like we’ve been doing in several GameStop.

The Duke debacle was the only big disappointment and seemed to be because our coaches failed to put together an OL before the 4th or 5th game of the season. Against Wisky we had one really bad 3rd quarter otherwise we would’ve taken that game. PSU we were just not going to beat. They were too good at that time. We took away Barkley but at the expense of free pitch and catch for McSorley most of the game.

We have the talent and momentum to win out but could easily lose any of the remaining 3 if we “take a quarter off” like we’ve been doing in several GameStop.
I thought our defense played well enough to beat PSU. Our offense went 3 and out so many times that eventually they just wore out.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Great team effort! That was fun! I'm having as much fun as the Rose Bowl season.

Cats beat Nebraska in OT at Lincoln.

MSU knocks off PSU

Iowa crushes OSU
Actually, the key non-result was Indy shockingly upsetting Wisky...which obviously didn't happen...it seems the cats will be favorite the rest of the league season and have a great shot at a 7-2 B1G record...unfortunately Wisky hasn't lost yet (and has the tie-breaker on the cats, having beaten them)...For the cats to overtake them the cats MUST win out (which seems quite likely) AND the badgers MUST lose out (which seems extremely unlikely, bordering the impossible). The badgers remaining opponents are IOA and Mich at home plus Minny away none of which has won more than 3 league games so far, and Minny has won only one...hard to see a Wisconsin team that has won 9 straight dropping 3 straight to that kind of opposition....oh well...but the cats can certainly earn an invitation to a solid bowl game....not a bad end to a season that started very disappointingly, to put it mildly.

Last edited:
Actually, the key non-result was Indy shockingly upsetting Wisky...which obviously didn't happen...it seems the cats will be favorite the rest of the league season and have a great shot at a 7-2 B1G record...unfortunately Wisky hasn't lost yet (and has the tie-breaker on the cats, having beaten them)...For the cats to overtake them the cats MUST win out (which seems quite likely) AND the badgers MUST lose out (which seems extremely unlikely, bordering the impossible). The badgers remaining opponents are IOA and Mich at home plus Minny away none of which has won more than 3 league games so far, and Minny has won only one...hard to see a Wisconsin team that has won 9 straight dropping 3 straight to that kind of opposition....oh well...but the cats can certainly earn an invitation to a solid bowl game....not a bad end to a season that started very disappointingly, to put it mildly.

Agreed. I actually don't think it's at all out of the realm of possibility (especially given Iowa's result today) for Wisconsin to lose to either Iowa or Michigan. Even if they lost both, however, I don't think Minnesota has the horses to stay with them.

Great team effort! That was fun! I'm having as much fun as the Rose Bowl season.
Strange thing to say (unless you are being sarcastic)...it's nice to win 3 OT games in a row (which obviously could have easily been loses, as with any OT win) but to imply that this season is (remotely) comparable to one in which NU won the B1G undefeated and finished the regular season ranked #3 nationally is just crazy.

Reactions: NJCat
I think our OLine played their best game of the season! Neb had no sacks right? CThor had lots of time, made some mistakes, but came through in the clutch when it mattered most. The ballsy play to go for it on fourth in OT was the difference to give us the win! My wife watched the fourth quarter with me and thought that I was going to fall victim to the cardiac Cats just like the Huskers did! I really enjoyed watching this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT