ADVERTISEMENT

Best of Luck and Auld Lang Syne to Jerry Brown

Wow. Gonna miss seeing our defensive backs getting jerrified. Thanks for your service Jerry, gonna miss you!

He just announced his retirement. We will miss you and your great dancing. Enjoy your retirement. The Cats were a better team because of you.

Wow, great way to go out. Thanks coach Brown!

Makes for some interesting decisions coming up regarding the staff.

I am a fan of Coach Brown and wish him well. I believe his experience and role as assistant hc was instrumental in helping Fitz mature as hc. I wonder who will become the new assistant hc and who will replace JB as db coach. Maybe we will see a little movement among coaching positions?

Coach Brown sat next to me at basketball season. He was/is an incredible, classy man. Great coach of the secondary. Will be missed.

Reactions: FitzFan
Really sorry hear about this from a selfish perspective. I thought he had a lot to do with the team's excellent culture and maturity. I hope his health is still good and that he will be able to contribute a pep talk now and then.

He just announced his retirement. We will miss you and your great dancing. Enjoy your retirement. The Cats were a better team because of you.
One of the best NU Alums, coach ever and even a better p
One of the best NU Alums, coach ever and even a better person.

Thank you, Coach Brown, for all you've done for the team and the program throughout your career. You will be greatly missed. Enjoy your retirement & God bless.

Only met him once but was very gracious. A great Wildcat. Nice way to go out. Thanks for all your years of great service!

Well put. He got a lot of flak, and I admittedly began to waver on him at one point, but he was great for us and is a big reason our defense has been stout these last few years under Hank. And no one should ever forget the secondary he built during our Championship years under Barnett. He will be missed. Enjoy retirement!!!

Well put. He got a lot of flak, and I admittedly began to waver on him at one point, but he was great for us and is a big reason our defense has been stout these last few years under Hank. And no one should ever forget the secondary he built during our Championship years under Barnett. He will be missed. Enjoy retirement!!!

At one point? LOL.

It seems clear that his contributions to the program over the decades are far beyond DB coaching and far beyond what we as fans can see from the outside. This will be a big loss.

At one point? LOL.

Yes, at one point. You may confuse me with others, but I was one of the people who was tempered in any criticism of Jerry Brown, pointing out repeatedly that he had led our 1995 secondary that anchored the #1 defense in the country and had coached divisional champion Vikings secondaries. Very much how I now subdue my frustration with McCall despite the less than stellar offensive performance and trajectory reminding myself what he did at BGSU and with multiple NFL QBs - while I have no tolerance for our OL coaching performance given nothing but a dismal track record. I'd even say I'm closer to supporting a replacement of McCall than I ever was of Jerry Brown, and I'm not quite there yet with McCall. My angst and anger at our defensive futility during the Walker years was directed almost solely at Greg Colby.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT