ADVERTISEMENT

Best teams in the BIG

hdhntr1

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2006
I would sy at this point, the best three teams ore IA, NU and Mich and we have to play the other two in the next two weeks. Setting up really interesting.

I would sy at this point, the best three teams ore IA, NU and Mich and we have to play the other two in the next two weeks. Setting up really interesting.

You can't make any "top of the Big Ten" list without OSU or MSU. Both have looked vulnerable the last few weeks, but both are still undefeated, MSU beat Oregon (not the same Oregon as past years, but still a good team), and OSU is the national champ with pretty much the same team as last year. And to this point, when they've needed to make plays, they've done it.

I think these five teams all have a chance to end up at the top and all five should be included in the conversation. Not including OSU or MSU is odd considering they are 1 and 2 in the country.

I don't care if NU is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. I'm just happy they're a part of the conversation and will have the opportunity (and ability) to prove it on the field.

Reactions: BFDCat and iskaboo
I'm not saying that we will end up being the best team in the entire big ten, but we are so far by a lot.

I'm not saying that we will end up being the best team in the entire big ten, but we are so far by a lot.
Saying that we have performed better than anyone else in the conference thus far is different than saying we have been the best team so far. We have won some big games (Stanford, Duke, Minnesota) in impressive fashion, but that does not, in and of itself, make us the best team.

Reactions: icu81222
You can't make any "top of the Big Ten" list without OSU or MSU. Both have looked vulnerable the last few weeks, but both are still undefeated, MSU beat Oregon (not the same Oregon as past years, but still a good team), and OSU is the national champ with pretty much the same team as last year. And to this point, when they've needed to make plays, they've done it.

I think these five teams all have a chance to end up at the top and all five should be included in the conversation. Not including OSU or MSU is odd considering they are 1 and 2 in the country.
dOSU and MSU have played pretty crappy as of late. Just saying that that IA, MICH and NU are playing the best ball.

Need to see more from IA against better competition (Wisky basically gift-wrapped that win - more than once).

I'd include dOSU since they still have the most/best talent - but they aren't playing anywhere close to the level they were last year due to several factors:

1. O-line not being as dominant
2. CJ going thru growing pains
3. a new, not as good OC, along w/ the O having to get used to a new system

As for MSU - their O was going to have to carry the load w/ their inexperienced secondary, but the injuries at O-line will likely prevent the MSU O from doing that (tough to overcome the loss of both starting tackles and the back-up at LT).

In addition, MSU is missing their starting MLB and one of their CBs.

Before the season, it was said that NU was lucky to miss MSU and dOSU on their schedule, but the way those 2 teams are playing, one could say that they are lucky to be missing the 'Cats this season (particularly MSU).

UM would be a tougher test than MSU.

I'd include dOSU since they still have the most/best talent - but they aren't playing anywhere close to the level they were last year due to several factors:

1. O-line not being as dominant
2. CJ going thru growing pains
3. a new, not as good OC, along w/ the O having to get used to a new system
Yes but. Meyer seems to be true to form. he knows he can beat anyone on his schedule just with his straight power running game. So he used the first half to see what his quarterback can do. Then if the QB is not putting them in a position to win the game, he starts handing off to his back and rides him to victory.

As long as he can do this, he will be in the conversation for the play-offs. I am not sure that anyone can stop OSU's running game when they are focusing on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT