ADVERTISEMENT

BIG NEWS FOR WILDCATREPORT

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I am excited to announce the promotion of @mshelton33 to Managing Editor of WildcatReport!

As you probably noticed, Matt has taken on a bigger and bigger role at WR over the last year. He is now the primary reporter and writer, as you can tell by the number of his bylines, and he is editing and publishing stories on a daily basis. The kid is a machine!

Really, this announcement doesn’t represent a change in the current structure. Matt has been the de-facto Managing Editor for the last couple months, handling most of the day-to-day operations of WR. We’re just now making it official. It was all part of a plan that began on June 1 (well before the hazing scandal and Fitz firing, in case you were wondering).

Matt is also now a “partner” in WR and will be paid accordingly as a shareholder of the site. He will also get a key to the executive washroom.

As for me, I’m not going anywhere. I am still the Publisher. I will still write and edit stories, develop and talk to sources, post on Message Boards and make editorial decisions. (And I’ll be here to boss Matt around on a daily basis because I have a kid older than he is.)

Please join me in congratulating Matt on his new title. He’s earned it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT