ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten True Freshman Quarterbacks...

mikewebb68

Oct 24, 2009
Collective stats for the 3 freshman QBs on the day:

27-60, 230 yrds (not a misprint-- and that's with Annexstad getting 169 of those!), 1 TD, 3 INTs, 0 rush TDs, 1 lost fumble, one safety that had to be seen to be belived.

Collective score while these QBs were in the game (two were pulled)? 116 - 19!

And before anyone accuses me of cherrypicking, if we throw in the Illinois stats from last night (they normally start a grad transfer, but had to state a true freshman due to injury), the totals improve somewhat, but not much

44-88, 379 yrds, 2TD, 4 INTs 0 rush TDs 2 fumbles (1 lost), one lol safety.

And the collective score did improve for the offense somewhat-- 179-43, though seven of those points were courtesy of a WR pass...

Small sample size I admit, but now the games are starting to mean more, so I submit that this is a decent exhibit as to why you start true freshman QBs generally due to desperation or injury.

Haskins is the more refined player, Tua is the better playmaker. Whatever his finale year, Tua is going to be special.

Alabama is light years ahead of any team I have seen this years. Even if they get upset in the regular season they will make the playoff because they are Alabama, Their WR’s are incredible.
I agree. Just amazing how they reload. Tua is the best QB I have seen play at Bama, which is scary to the rest of Power 5 football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT