ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten TV Schedule: Week Seventeen (2/26-3/3)

Styre

Oct 14, 2004
All times CENTRAL. All games available nationally unless otherwise indicated. I will add announcers as they are assigned.

First, the NU games:

Northwestern @ Maryland
Wednesday, February 28
6:00 PM, BTN
PxP: Jason Horowitz
Color: Robbie Hummel

Iowa @ Northwestern
Saturday, March 2
4:30 PM, BTN
PxP: Connor Onion
Color: Brian Butch

And the rest:

Tuesday, February 27

Wisconsin @ Indiana
6:00 PM, Peacock (streaming only)
PxP: Noah Eagle

Penn State @ Iowa
8:00 PM, BTN
PxP: Kevin Kugler
Color: Shon Morris

Wednesday, February 28

Minnesota @ Illinois
Color: Stephen Bardo

Thursday, February 29

Nebraska @ Ohio State
5:30 PM, FS1
PxP: Chris Vosters

Michigan @ Rutgers
7:30 PM, FS1
PxP: Brandon Gaudin
Color: Jim Spanarkel

Saturday, March 2

Illinois @ Wisconsin
12:00 PM, BTN
PxP: Dave Revsine
Color: LaPhonso Ellis

Penn State @ Minnesota
2:15 PM, BTN
PxP: Cory Provus
Color: Bruce Weber

Michigan State @ Purdue
7:00 PM, FOX
PxP: Jason Benetti
Color: Jim Jackson

Sunday, March 3

Indiana @ Maryland
1:00 PM, CBS
PxP: Kevin Harlan
Color: Dan Bonner

Michigan @ Ohio State
3:00 PM, CBS
PxP: Spero Dedes

Rutgers @ Nebraska
5:30 PM, BTN

Last edited:
@Styre , has there ever been any talk of flexing these CBS games to find the most attractive matchup? I recall there had been at least a few TBDs with NU game dates in the past.

While the schedule is light on headliners, it seems that Illinois-Wisconsin and NU-Iowa would be of more interest to the hoops-watching public than the dreck the B1G is putting forward Sunday. (The same was true yesterday, maybe, though MSU-OSU turned bonkers.)

@Styre , has there ever been any talk of flexing these CBS games to find the most attractive matchup? I recall there had been at least a few TBDs with NU game dates in the past.

While the schedule is light on headliners, it seems that Illinois-Wisconsin and NU-Iowa would be of more interest to the hoops-watching public than the dreck the B1G is putting forward Sunday. (The same was true yesterday, maybe, though MSU-OSU turned bonkers.)

I don't know what's been discussed behind the scenes, but once a game is assigned a network, it stays there unless external factors (weather, disaster, etc.) force the game to be moved. The B1G used to have a few "open" windows later in the season - the final game at the old W-R against Purdue got on CBS because of this - but since the new TV deal was signed, only certain game times have been TBA and all networks have been assigned from the start of the year.

I liked the old system better as a fan, but I understand why FOX/FS1/BTN and Peacock wouldn't want their best games regularly taken away and given to CBS.

All times CENTRAL. All games available nationally unless otherwise indicated. I will add announcers as they are assigned.

First, the NU games:

Northwestern @ Maryland
Wednesday, February 28

Iowa @ Northwestern
Saturday, March 2
PxP:
Color:

And the rest:

Tuesday, February 27

Wisconsin @ Indiana

Penn State @ Iowa

Wednesday, February 28

Minnesota @ Illinois
PxP:

Thursday, February 29

Nebraska @ Ohio State
PxP:
Color:

Michigan @ Rutgers
PxP:
Color:

Saturday, March 2

Illinois @ Wisconsin
PxP:
Color:

Penn State @ Minnesota
PxP:
Color:

Michigan State @ Purdue
PxP:
Color:

Sunday, March 3

Indiana @ Maryland

Michigan @ Ohio State

Rutgers @ Nebraska
PxP:
Color:

First, the NU games:

Northwestern @ Maryland
Wednesday, February 28

Iowa @ Northwestern
Saturday, March 2
PxP:
Color:

And the rest:

Tuesday, February 27

Wisconsin @ Indiana

Penn State @ Iowa

Wednesday, February 28

Minnesota @ Illinois
PxP:

Thursday, February 29

Nebraska @ Ohio State
PxP:
Color:

Michigan @ Rutgers
PxP:
Color:

Saturday, March 2

Illinois @ Wisconsin
PxP:
Color:

Penn State @ Minnesota
PxP:
Color:

Michigan State @ Purdue
PxP:
Color:

Sunday, March 3

Indiana @ Maryland

Michigan @ Ohio State

Rutgers @ Nebraska
PxP:
Color:
Thanks for the great job as usual Styre. This is a tough week for me. I will be at the Cleveland Clinic with my wife for the Maryland game staying at a hotel where I can't get the Big Ten Network. Saturday is my birthday (81) and we're slated to go to a nice place for dinner during the Iowa game. Looks like I'll have to follow both games on my muted phone under the table.:mad:

• Wow
Reactions: Styre
Thanks for the great job as usual Styre. This is a tough week for me. I will be at the Cleveland Clinic with my wife for the Maryland game staying at a hotel where I can't get the Big Ten Network. Saturday is my birthday (81) and we're slated to go to a nice place for dinner during the Iowa game. Looks like I'll have to follow both games on my muted phone under the table.:mad:
Bring a laptop and an HDMI cord to the hotel. Pull up the game on fox sports (you’ll have to sign in like you did for your app). Com on your laptop then plug it into the TV with the HDMI cord. Then switch the tv to the HDMI input you plugged the cord into (should be labeled). Drag over the browser window onto the tv like it’s a second monitor and hopefully enjoy an NU win.

Reactions: No Chores and Styre
Bring a laptop and an HDMI cord to the hotel. Pull up the game on fox sports (you’ll have to sign in like you did for your app). Com on your laptop then plug it into the TV with the HDMI cord. Then switch the tv to the HDMI input you plugged the cord into (should be labeled). Drag over the browser window onto the tv like it’s a second monitor and hopefully enjoy an NU win.
Or bring a tablet if you have one?

You described my setup in the past. Which also, sometimes, included a VPN when out of the country.

I don't know what's been discussed behind the scenes, but once a game is assigned a network, it stays there unless external factors (weather, disaster, etc.) force the game to be moved. The B1G used to have a few "open" windows later in the season - the final game at the old W-R against Purdue got on CBS because of this - but since the new TV deal was signed, only certain game times have been TBA and all networks have been assigned from the start of the year.

I liked the old system better as a fan, but I understand why FOX/FS1/BTN and Peacock wouldn't want their best games regularly taken away and given to CBS.
This makes sense. I don’t think I’ve seen any of the Saturday night games, but Fox is probably treating them like a big deal with a name and everything.

Those Peacock games are still weird, but the new normalish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT