ADVERTISEMENT

Boring win vs bad competition

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
I’ll take it! Ohio is bad. Run game did what it needed to. RH was serviceable but hardly impressive. Losing Marty hurts & QB is a real concern overall on recruiting. Hate that the D took the last play off, but they’ve looked better after the Duke first quarter abomination.

2-2….very nervous about B1G play.

I feel like a lot of Big Ten teams are hit or miss depending on which week you get them.

Look at Minnesota this week against Bowling Green versus their 30-0 win against Colorado.

Really just depends what version of the opponent you get with a lot of these teams.

I’ll take it! Ohio is bad. Run game did what it needed to. RH was serviceable but hardly impressive. Losing Marty hurts & QB is a real concern overall on recruiting. Hate that the D took the last play off, but they’ve looked better after the Duke first quarter abomination.

2-2….very nervous about B1G play.
I know he didn't pass much but that was a good game for Hilinski to get his feet wet in real time football. He will be a better QB reading defenses and running the O with some confidence for having played today.

I know he didn't pass much but that was a good game for Hilinski to get his feet wet in real time football. He will be a better QB reading defenses and running the O with some confidence for having played today.
Agreed that this was a good game to get some experience since it was easy and didn't require him to do too much. I think in 2nd half Fitz realized game was secure and just wanted to coast to finish line without any bad memories for Hilinski like an INT that would've left a bad taste. So, sample size too small, hope he brings confidence next week and doesn't get flustered when under duress.

It's gotta be tough on all concerned parties having Hilinski in there - the coaches for putting all their eggs in the Johnson/Marty baskets (the players as well, I'm sure), and then on Hilinski himself not getting any reps with the first teamers until probably this week. This team makes my stomach hurt but wish them well in getting "caught up" with the squad they have on offense now, since it doesn't look anything like what they thought they'd have heading into/out of camp.

QB recruiting, hell. We have Johnson and Helinski, and both were highly rated prospects. Either they were severely overrated or NU is not developing its QBs very well.

I was at the game, and I actually enjoyed it. It was a perfect afternoon for football, and in the long winter months that are ahead I will yearn for a day like this one.

I agree that we have a lot issues with this team, and QB is just one of them. Still, I try to enjoy every win, and some of the runs today were wonderful to see in person.

ADVERTISEMENT