ADVERTISEMENT

BRAUN ON WSCR AT 9am

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Thank God Bernstein is not conducting this interview. Mully and Haugh are pretty capable interviewers.

paraphrasing a few things:

"We have to be the most physical team in the Big Ten."

"[vs. Minny]I remember walking up and down the sideline vs. Minnesota. You want to see if the team believes. You are looking for body language, for positive energy. And I saw it. They believed."

Last edited:
Thank God Bernstein is not conducting this interview. Mully and Haugh are pretty capable interviewers.

paraphrasing a few things:

"We have to be the most physical team in the Big Ten."

"[vs. Minny]I remember walking up and down the sideline vs. Minnesota. You want to see if the team believes. You are looking for body language, for positive energy. And I saw it. They believed."
Brings up a good question. How has Bernstein and the Score handled Braun and the team’s success this year? Obviously they were punching down a lot during the summer, but curious as to how we’re being covered now, for anyone who actually listens to linear radio anymore.

Brings up a good question. How has Bernstein and the Score handled Braun and the team’s success this year? Obviously they were punching down a lot during the summer, but curious as to how we’re being covered now, for anyone who actually listens to linear radio anymore.
Bernstein and Holmes never dismounted from their high horse all year. It’s more of a social justice show with a little bit of sports than a sports show with a little bit of social justice.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I pretty much stopped listening to Bernstein after the summer. He's been increasingly vocal about injecting his socio-political beliefs into sports talk, and his take on the hazing scandal finally broke me. WVMP/AM 1000 is much better after 10am.

MVP has not said much about the scandal. At one point early on, Jyrko made comments that fairly impugned the players and the coaches. He basically called for a complete blood-letting. It was a bit surprising that he spent a lot of time in football locker rooms, and he is not exactly "woke."

I know Dan and his wife a bit (used to belong to same gym), and they are genuinely kind, intelligent and thoughtful. But his unhinged attacks on the program without proper due diligence were a deal breaker.

Bernstein and Holmes never dismounted from their high horse all year. It’s more of a social justice show with a little bit of sports than a sports show with a little bit of social justice.
I don't think I've ever listened to them in my life (I'm not a Bears fan, so most local sports radio is just insufferable to me), so I don't know what I'm missing.

Reactions: Rodenthater
I don't think I've ever listened to them in my life (I'm not a Bears fan, so most local sports radio is just insufferable to me), so I don't know what I'm missing.
I don't think I've listened to sports talk radio for like 15 years. Mostly because it is usually pro sports blah blah and idc

Reactions: FeralFelidae
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT