ADVERTISEMENT

Braxton Miller may go to Michigan Contrary to what some said here

Did you actually read the article? That was a throwaway line from the writer without any shred of actual reporting.

And the grad student rule can be waived by the conference.

Braxton Miller to UM would be awesome. It would make dOSU fans go crazy.

The conference will NOT fight someone going to grad school. Especially someone held in such high regards and will keep such competitive football, and Heisman drama in the conference. Think $$$$ as well! Never mind that he is a great kid and his coach will support his decision.

This post was edited on 1/1 9:54 PM by Turk

Originally posted by Turk:

The conference will NOT fight someone going to grad school. Especially someone held in such high regards and will keep such competitive football, and Heisman drama in the conference. Think $$$$ as well! Never mind that he is a great kid and his coach will support his decision.
This post was edited on 1/1 9:54 PM by Turk
The conference made a rule. You can transfer in conference, but you have to sit out a year. It doesn't provide for an exception for grad school. What part of that don't you understand?

Also, the school has to approve the school they transfer to. You really think they'd let him go to Michigan?

This post was edited on 1/1 10:31 PM by villox

I don't think they would get in his way, if he did. Michigan is a great grad school and why stand in the way of a scholar athlete going to grad school? He has the utmost respect from his school and coaches. Plus the BIG would have two potential heismann winners as well. Win Win.

The only reason why this would not be possible is that it is barred. But that doesn't seem to be the case with grad transfers, even though some keep quoting it on this board. I'm sure OSU could get in the way, if it isn't an automatic bar, but I disagree with you. No, I think it would be in poor taste of OSU to not allow him to go into a competent grad school.

No China-Cat.

The only thing that would make Buckeye fans think this world is coming to an end is to read a favorable post from you. But we know that's not gonna happen so things will stay status quo and galactic harmony will not be shaken.

Re: No China-Cat.

Kbuck, do you or anyone else actually think that all three QB's will remain in Columbus next season? Any of the them would look good in purple.

Hard to say.

There is another QB coming in that is to five in the country on most boards. Great talent is not afraid of competition and Braxton will be given a fair chance. He is a more dynamic QB than the other two but he may still not be healthy by fall camp next year. It is awfully nice to have such competition at QB so the Buckeyes will be OK regardless if Braxton Miller decides to transfer but I don't think he will and he said he won't, what ever that's worth.

Re: No China-Cat.

Originally posted by willycat:

Kbuck, do you or anyone else actually think that all three QB's will remain in Columbus next season? Any of the them would look good in purple.
Cardale "We ain't come to play school" Jones would look good in purple, Willy? What purple are you referring to?

There's also the theory that Braxton won't play again and will cash in on his $1 Million insurance policy. He has a young kid and is injury prone. I don't see him playing another down of college football. He either takes a shot at the NFL or takes insurance money IMO.

Originally posted by 1711 Cardiff:
There's also the theory that Braxton won't play again and will cash in on his $1 Million insurance policy. He has a young kid and is injury prone. I don't see him playing another down of college football. He either takes a shot at the NFL or takes insurance money IMO.
Or there's the possibility of Braxton transferring to Houston to play for Tom Herman. Makes the most sense if you think about it. Already knows the offense. Herman would give him every opportunity to show he can "make all the NFL throws" and get it on tape. Playing in the crap Conference he would put up X-Box type numbers and boost draft stock. He won't win a national title there but if it's really all about getting ready for the NFL, i'm not sure there's a negative to going to Houston.

Yes there is. It's in Houston!!! Sorry to all my Texas friends, but Houston is not my favorite spot.

There's a better chance of you seeing DocCatsFan and VirginiaWildCat strolling hand-in-hand down Central Street than there is of Urban Meyer allowing Braxton to transfer to Michigan.

nu greek,

Obviously, you haven't spent much time in Houston. It's a lot of fun, with excellent restaurants, plenty of pro sports, a terrific zoo and museums, some excellent residential areas, and year round golf. Your problem is what?

If Miller wants to showcase his QB skills it makes no sense to go to a team with questions at offensive line and no established playmakers.

The. biggest obstacle in his transferring as a QB, is that he won't be able to throw until Fall. That's just to throw. He really hasn't tossed the ball at full velocity in two years. So it's not just throwing hard, but to do so at the same level as before the initial injury, will take time rebuild the strength.

That will also delay his ability to work with the offense and receivers.

If it is in Braxton's best interest, I'm ok with him transferring anywhere, including Michigan. But it's difficult to see where he would go that would be in his best interest.

I'm not sure what his problem with it is, but I'd guess it is that it's Houston. :>)

Not my favorite place either. I spent the worst July and August of my life there. The restaurants were mediocre. The museums were fine. The pro sports were fine to mediocre. I'd rather golf in NC or AZ or Georgia or CA. And the Fort Wayne, IN zoo is better. :>)

Different strokes for different folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT