ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News! Wrassler sees a path forward for having College Football in the fall!

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
The answer doesn’t lie in a vaccine, or treatment. But rather assessment. We need to isolate the true cause/toxic element of the virus itself. If we can ascertain that this virus, is truly another variant, of the already in existence, dangerous flu bug, that may be a path forward. The flu kills thousands each year. Many elderly, and with weakened immune systems. By looking for a vaccine, that will likely never come, as we don’t have one for the common cold or flu, we may be barking up the wrong tree. However, if we can show, as science, can likely surely do, that this covid 19 has always been in existence, in some form, and is just being highlighted/ spotlighted now. That seems likely the only true path forward. The answer is in true science my friends. Not circumstantial evidence. But direct scientific proof. It may be a win ,win. Help the elderly,infirmed. Hep assessment with the virus. And then get treatment. The only downfall as I see with this plan, is the fact that lots of football players are terminally obese. Likely, 20% or more of offensive and defensive lineman. Plus, 10-20% of the coaching staff. Therefore, even with this mode of being, it is likely that football players and coaches will get very sick, and perhaps even die. The alternative, they drop football, cut staff and budgets, seems like the lesser of two evils. Right now, the airline industry, which Turk knows much better than me, is hemorrhaging horribly. Likely on life support except for a 30 billion dollar bailout by the feds which will end October 1st. But traveling is a necessity for some. Football is a leisure sport. I cannot, for the life of me, see college administrators put their schools at risk for the safety and well being of coaches and players. For that reason, I don’t see football happening. Schools will likely open up and have classes with early identification of the virus the “ elephant in the room”! When a professor or student in class gets sick, there is another issue. Unless or course, one can sign a waiver of liability for sports and schools. Not sure if a waiver is legit though. Still, we are literally 9-14 months away from a global economic ruin. Perhaps, the US doesn’t collapse first, but I can see Italy or Spain, defaulting on billions, creating an economic tsunami of sorts. Let’s work hard folks to come up with a viable solution. Seems to me, the answer is right in front of us.

The answer doesn’t lie in a vaccine, or treatment. But rather assessment. We need to isolate the true cause/toxic element of the virus itself. If we can ascertain that this virus, is truly another variant, of the already in existence, dangerous flu bug, that may be a path forward. The flu kills thousands each year. Many elderly, and with weakened immune systems. By looking for a vaccine, that will likely never come, as we don’t have one for the common cold or flu, we may be barking up the wrong tree. However, if we can show, as science, can likely surely do, that this covid 19 has always been in existence, in some form, and is just being highlighted/ spotlighted now. That seems likely the only true path forward. The answer is in true science my friends. Not circumstantial evidence. But direct scientific proof. It may be a win ,win. Help the elderly,infirmed. Hep assessment with the virus. And then get treatment. The only downfall as I see with this plan, is the fact that lots of football players are terminally obese. Likely, 20% or more of offensive and defensive lineman. Plus, 10-20% of the coaching staff. Therefore, even with this mode of being, it is likely that football players and coaches will get very sick, and perhaps even die. The alternative, they drop football, cut staff and budgets, seems like the lesser of two evils. Right now, the airline industry, which Turk knows much better than me, is hemorrhaging horribly. Likely on life support except for a 30 billion dollar bailout by the feds which will end October 1st. But traveling is a necessity for some. Football is a leisure sport. I cannot, for the life of me, see college administrators put their schools at risk for the safety and well being of coaches and players. For that reason, I don’t see football happening. Schools will likely open up and have classes with early identification of the virus the “ elephant in the room”! When a professor or student in class gets sick, there is another issue. Unless or course, one can sign a waiver of liability for sports and schools. Not sure if a waiver is legit though. Still, we are literally 9-14 months away from a global economic ruin. Perhaps, the US doesn’t collapse first, but I can see Italy or Spain, defaulting on billions, creating an economic tsunami of sorts. Let’s work hard folks to come up with a viable solution. Seems to me, the answer is right in front of us.
For more detail, New York Times article today echoes most of this post

Ah, we do have a vaccine for the flu. Not only area lot of the players overweight and vulnerable to the virus, some of the coaches, referees , team doctors and trainers in the older age bracket. Flying 50 to 100 people in a cramped plane, stuffed into training and dressing rooms, is also IMHO just asking for problems. Let's also not forget staff at the stadiums, bus drivers and hotel workers. Just don't think football or any team sport is doable until a efficient vaccine is available for all.

Titanium999
that was the best post of the month. Once again, your analysis shows why you are the premier poster on this board. Thanks for your valuable insight and I look forward to your inside knowledge, based on your key contacts within the program.

another thing, what has your key people said about the "Franklin Plan" which seems to be gaining steam?
Franklin suggested that at least 11 schools can play a full season if 4 can't. As it appears that Rutgers, NU, Illinois, will not be permitted to practice due to governers decision. Did Franklin forget about Mitchegan and MSU? Seems Michigan governor is a real loony as well. Sad that NU could be shut out due to politics.

another thing, what has your key people said about the "Franklin Plan" which seems to be gaining steam?
Franklin suggested that at least 11 schools can play a full season if 4 can't. As it appears that Rutgers, NU, Illinois, will not be permitted to practice due to governers decision. Did Franklin forget about Mitchegan and MSU? Seems Michigan governor is a real loony as well. Sad that NU could be shut out due to politics.
No football in 2020, period. Baseball either. Maybe 2021 , if a vaccine is found. BTW. love the Governor from Michigan!!!

Thanks Turk, but truth be told, I take a back seat to you and your spot on grades for players. That being said, we are approaching economic ruin. The guy I watch is Jim Rickards on YouTube. Former CIA adviser and smart as a whip. I will post his video in a minute. The lesser of two evils is we move forward cautiously with our economy. I just read the New York Times Article about the Tyson Food plant. I will post that here too. A 1,000 people got the virus, some on ventilators, and three died. I can envision that same thing happening to football teams. So football is out,I am afraid. Why? We have horribly poor sanitary conditions at nursing homes and jails and prisons, and hospitals, i am afraid. Those will take precedent. Also, who in their right mind is going to travel on vacation to Italy or Spain, much less attend a University of Michigan football game in November! Ain’t happening! Which means losses in the hundreds of millions for college sports, I am afraid! Including my beloved wrestling, which is in a far more tedious position than football as guys sweat like crazy in wrestling. Once a college training staff gets sick from the virus, it’s all over. Remember, i spent the winter working in the Emergency Room. Nearly impossible to keep those places clean, while shuffling 150 patients in and out of small quarters everyday.

Last edited:
NU should move to Texas or Nevada.

/s

[QUOTE="Titanium999, ..... Unless or course, one can sign a waiver of liability for sports and schools. Not sure if a waiver is legit though. Still, we are literally 9-14 months away from a global economic ruin. Perhaps, the US doesn’t collapse first, but I can see Italy or Spain, defaulting on billions, creating an economic tsunami of sorts. Let’s work hard folks to come up with a viable solution. Seems to me, the answer is right in front of us.[/QUOTE]

Only responding to the waiver point. If the Republicans in Congress are successful in their efforts to get legal immunity provisions in the next Emergency Funding Bill that could go a long way to allowing more risky strategies to be more feasible.

[QUOTE="Titanium999, ..... Unless or course, one can sign a waiver of liability for sports and schools. Not sure if a waiver is legit though. Still, we are literally 9-14 months away from a global economic ruin. Perhaps, the US doesn’t collapse first, but I can see Italy or Spain, defaulting on billions, creating an economic tsunami of sorts. Let’s work hard folks to come up with a viable solution. Seems to me, the answer is right in front of us.

Only responding to the waiver point. If the Republicans in Congress are successful in their efforts to get legal immunity provisions in the next Emergency Funding Bill that could go a long way to allowing more risky strategies to be more feasible.[/QUOTE]
Smart, because They are talking to themselves.

This is very real and Franklin has growing support. Where is Blago when you need him?

Thanks Turk, but truth be told, I take a back seat to you and your spot on grades for players. That being said, we are approaching economic ruin. The guy I watch is Jim Rickards on YouTube. Former CIA adviser and smart as a whip. I will post his video in a minute. The lesser of two evils is we move forward cautiously with our economy. I just read the New York Times Article about the Tyson Food plant. I will post that here too. A 1,000 people got the virus, some on ventilators, and three died. I can envision that same thing happening to football teams. So football is out,I am afraid. Why? We have horribly poor sanitary conditions at nursing homes and jails and prisons, and hospitals, i am afraid. Those will take precedent. Also, who in their right mind is going to travel on vacation to Italy or Spain, much less attend a University of Michigan football game in November! Ain’t happening! Which means losses in the hundreds of millions for college sports, I am afraid! Including my beloved wrestling, which is in a far more tedious position than football as guys sweat like crazy in wrestling. Once a college training staff gets sick from the virus, it’s all over. Remember, i spent the winter working in the Emergency Room. Nearly impossible to keep those places clean, while shuffling 150 patients in and out of small quarters everyday.
Your therapy appointments should be full. Turk speaks well of you. You are a first responder utilizing your NU degree to keep people from committing suicides. How is your original ECT helping post Coronos Stress Syndrome patients?

Reactions: Titanium999
NU should move to Texas or Nevada.

/s
If they move to Florida, they can have Coral in charge of recruiting, FlordAlum in charge of the mess hall and Turk can coach the team into championship levels never seen before. Glades could be the defensive coordinator and Odwyer the OC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaskawildkat
NU is building football practice facilities in Dubai. Football players will take their classes there and fly in for games. No problem.

Why limit it to the athletes? NU is well positioned to offer a study abroad program that would be the envy of our rivals.

Your therapy appointments should be full. Turk speaks well of you. You are a first responder utilizing your NU degree to keep people from committing suicides. How is your original ECT helping post Coronos Stress Syndrome patients?
Thanks! My ECT App can help virus users monitor their stress level. For example, rate your level of pain and physical discomfort. For that reason, it may help those who are suffering get help quicker, possibly. It maybe ready this week. When you are sick and in pain, your stress level can increase. My App will help monitor that. I really don’t think we will ever have a cure for the flu,cold, virus,etc. The flu vaccine is effective for some folks, not all. The same will likely be true for the virus, I assume. Other countries seem to be having better luck than the state of Illinois at this time, like Greece and New Zealand. May have to do with Chicagoins living in close quarters in the cold. Who knows at this point in time?

Thanks! My ECT App can help virus users monitor their stress level. For example, rate your level of pain and physical discomfort. For that reason, it may help those who are suffering get help quicker, possibly. It maybe ready this week. When you are sick and in pain, your stress level can increase. My App will help monitor that. I really don’t think we will ever have a cure for the flu,cold, virus,etc. The flu vaccine is effective for some folks, not all. The same will likely be true for the virus, I assume. Other countries seem to be having better luck than the state of Illinois at this time, like Greece and New Zealand. May have to do with Chicagoins living in close quarters in the cold. Who knows at this point in time?
Do you think your innovative app could be beneficial for our players?

Do you think your innovative app could be beneficial for our players?
Yes, students and players. There exist only four true emotions. Joy, grief, fear, and relief. Lots of grief and fear with both students and athletes. So, it may help. The NU Student services used to have my books on their website. I’m hoping all universities, including Northwestern, have the app for their students. It is free, so anyone can download it on the Apple store when it is ready. I’m hoping this week. It can be used for sports psychology too.

Yes, students and players. There exist only four true emotions. Joy, grief, fear, and relief. Lots of grief and fear with both students and athletes. So, it may help. The NU Student services used to have my books on their website. I’m hoping all universities, including Northwestern, have the app for their students. It is free, so anyone can download it on the Apple store when it is ready. I’m hoping this week. It can be used for sports psychology too.
You forgot one emotion--NU at the half, down 21-7.

who decided only 4 emotions? What about hate, or love, or peace, or hope, or rest? Are those not emotions?

I think that is a possibility. Universities can go online classes for our players and they can come to a smart State that doesn't have a governor trying to destroy Trump and keep everything closed.

Again, send the team down here to Florida. Fitz can stay quarantined in Illiinois. I won't take a dime and I'll be in charge, FloridAlum can run the mess hall. Glades can be the DC but he may need a beer truck to do this. Odwyer can be the OC if he is willing to come to the east coast of Florida. do some scrimmages with FAU, get things in order, and get into the playoffs for once!
We make sure that the players do their online courses, then let you pump them up with your psycho babble rah rah energy. Keep you on the sidelines. We can't go wrong. Where is the championship going to be played at next year?
Fans wanna know.

You forgot one emotion--NU at the half, down 21-7.
who decided only 4 emotions? What about hate, or love, or peace, or hope, or rest? Are those not emotions?
Only four Turk! When you go towards something you like you have joy, when you leave something you like, you have grief. When you go towards something you dislike, you have fear. When you leave something you dislike, you have relief.

Only four Turk! When you go towards something you like you have joy, when you leave something you like, you have grief. When you go towards something you dislike, you have fear. When you leave something you dislike, you have relief.
When you go to the can at halftime you have disbelief.

So liking something or not is key. Sorta like sweets or raw carrots?
I get it but Turk may not.

Here is an article on cnn today where a woman was spit on and died from COVID-19! She, like the vast majority of people who die from the virus,had underlying health issues. In New York, 96% of the people who died had underlying health issues. Here in Illinois, people are dying in places that are notoriously Petri dishes for the virus’s due to the inability to keep their surroundings safe. For example, 10 people died at both Cook County Jail and Statesville prison, along with a large number of deaths at a Willowbrook Nursing home. Plus, hospital ERs and waiting rooms are breeding grounds for germs and virus’s due to sick people coming in and out everyday. Now, with college football, I just don’t see the nfl or college season starting due to the close proximity of players, coaches and fans. Look at the bathrooms at Ryan Field during halftime! Jam packed. Plus, in the stands people are right on top of each other. I just don’t see more than a few thousand people attending any Big Ten or NFL game as lots of the fans have underlying conditions also. I think having the students on campus presents a larger and more serious, and quite frankly, more urgent need! Why? Large lecture halls and dorm rooms, cafeterias present huge social distancing issues. I’m more interested in learning what other’s think? Cleanliness is next to godliness so to speak! I am not sure this virus is more dangerous than any flu bug we have had in the past! But just like the Spanish flu, the external variables of unhealthy people, unhealthy surroundings, are mitigating factors in the exacerbation of this virus. On that note, inner city schools seem to be another potential breading ground for the virus. I have worked with special needs students for years, including most of the schools on the north shore and in Chicago. I have the Learning Disability,Behavior Disorders, Cognitively Delayed, School Counselor, and School Supervisor licenses. Guess what? Many of these students, along with the regular school body,have underlying respiratory issues too. Much, much greater issue than even college issues. Just too many people, in close proximity, in unhealthy surroundings, with underlying conditions. A huge societal problem.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/12/uk/uk-transport-worker-coronavirus-death-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT