ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: NU lands 3-star RB Anthony Tyus

Welcome Anthony! Great to have you and your family joint the NUFB family. Now, about those dishes.....

Always excellent to get a running back relatively early in recruiting, and to beat out the likes of Indiana and Michigan State.

Welcome, Anthony!

EDIT: "I covered both Jackson and Larkin extensively in high school as well, and I particularly like the comparison to Jackson. He also was not a sprinter type, but the former four-star was quick and powerful and went on to become Northwestern’s all-time leading rusher. If Tyus can follow in those footsteps, then this is certainly a momentous day for the Wildcats' program."

Wow! I like to read that!

Watching his highlights, I can see where the Jackson comparison comes from - it's not blazing speed, but it's the ability to find/hit the hole and the patience to wait for it to develop.

Also, this is just me, but "Anthony Tyus" sounds to me like it would be a little/shifty back. I have no idea why. I was surprised to see he's big.

Go Cats.

Watching his highlights, I can see where the Jackson comparison comes from - it's not blazing speed, but it's the ability to find/hit the hole and the patience to wait for it to develop.

Also, this is just me, but "Anthony Tyus" sounds to me like it would be a little/shifty back. I have no idea why. I was surprised to see he's big.

Go Cats.

Reminds me actually of Bowser. Strong, with good vision, instincts, surprising agility and runs down hill.

Go Cats.
I felt the same way. I think it's because when your brain hears "Tyus" it goes to the first Tyus you ever heard of. That might be Tyus Edney, a shifty little point guard for UCLA back in the 90s.

I felt the same way. I think it's because when your brain hears "Tyus" it goes to the first Tyus you ever heard of. That might be Tyus Edney, a shifty little point guard for UCLA back in the 90s.

YES! That's exactly it. He's the only Tyus I've ever heard of probably.

Interesting that his nickname is "The A-Train" since that's a different Michigan back. I guess maybe we need to start thinking of that guy (without the fumbling) instead.

Reactions: PURPLECAT88
So...if Tyus can run a 4.6 40 that means that he is faster than Colter who ran a 4.7 40. Gosh, if A train can be anywhere as productive as Kain for us- I am very much looking forward to seeing what this young man can do! I really have optimism that he is going to be very good

So...if Tyus can run a 4.6 40 that means that he is faster than Colter who ran a 4.7 40. Gosh, if A train can be anywhere as productive as Kain for us- I am very much looking forward to seeing what this young man can do! I really have optimism that he is going to be very good

This fella has a bright future!

How does that speed compare to Darnell Autry? I stood next to Darnell before a game and they are bout the same size if Tyus's profile is correct. He reminds me of Autry. Hits the hole hard and is a long strider.

I’d never trust high school 40s. By the time they get to electronic NFL timers it’ll be a 4.8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT