ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: SKORONSKI IS A CAT!

This is what momentum feels like. One spot left, if you are thinking this is the right place, better make the decision.

I think having new OL coach is paying off, but having a 5 star QB in the wings is a pretty good selling point too

This is absolutely phenomenal news. One more spot left (I think) in the OL class this year, and we've got a few very talented kids out there who might be itching to fill it. Exciting stuff.

Exciting indeed. I predict we will soon see another I PREDICT .....

One OL recruit maybe end up as a DT ? Perhaps two spots left for the right players....

This.is.awesome. Both OL wins this week are EXACTLY what I want to see in our recruiting. Is our next drafted OL man a walk on? Possibly. But beating the blue bloods shows the message and package being sold IS being bought.

Just awesome — NU has some serious momentum right now! Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Hey, Louie, I think the least you can do after keeping us all in suspense overnight is to get McLaughlin on the horn and close the deal there, no?

Fantabulous news! A warm welcome to NU for Moose Skoronski!!!

This.is.awesome. Both OL wins this week are EXACTLY what I want to see in our recruiting. Is our next drafted OL man a walk on? Possibly. But beating the blue bloods shows the message and package being sold IS being bought.

What?

Fantabulous news! A warm welcome to NU for Moose Skoronski!!!
From 247:

Skoronski’s grandfather Bob was captain of the Green Bay Packers three-straight NFL title teams and one of just nine players to suit up for every one of Vince Lombardi’s teams playing for that storied franchise. When he passed away during the fall he was praised for his leadership and consistency during that era and one former teammate said he was the most underrated player on those teams.

“The grandson is him to a T. It’s like they’re talking about the same individual,” Inserra said.
I grew up in Wisconsin and Immediately thought of Bob when I heard Peter's name awhile back. Learning that Bob was Peter's grandfather makes this commitment even sweeter for me.

Terah Edwards was recruited for DT. Might add one more OT—maybe Trapilo or McLaughlin. Will certainly add a DT—-maybe Saad or possible Wesley.
Landing Wesley would be big from a CPS standpoint. He's a project but NFL caliber athlete at the position, absurd quickness.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Skoronski kept his recruitment close to the vest, so it's hard to find a complete list, but it seems he chose NU over offers from ND, Stanford, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Duke, among others. We always have trouble beating out Stanford for top recruits it seems so this feels especially good.

Skoronski kept his recruitment close to the vest, so it's hard to find a complete list, but it seems he chose NU over offers from ND, Stanford, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Duke, among others. We always have trouble beating out Stanford for top recruits it seems so this feels especially good.
Did he tweet out his offers? How do people know what comprises a recruit’s offer list if the recruit never announces it?

We haven't offered yet so how could we. I think if he meets the academic criteria needed to get an NU offer before he commits elsewhere, then we have a good shot.
GCG mentioned his posted stats likely are sufficient for NU. Kevo is announcing August 5th. Not sure why he has to to announce his announcement 3 months in advance, but it screams to me he has already selected a school and that school would have already offered.

I tried looking and couldn't find it, but there was a quote a while back where Inserra called Skoronski the best football player he's ever coached.... and he's coached a lot of good football players

GCG mentioned his posted stats likely are sufficient for NU. Kevo is announcing August 5th. Not sure why he has to to announce his announcement 3 months in advance, but it screams to me he has already selected a school and that school would have already offered.
Wouldn't Aug 5th be just about the time he would be gearing up for his final Highschool year and football season? I don't think it would be unreasonable to think he has an idea that he wants to weigh all his options but decide in time to clear his mind of all the recruiting clutter and concentrate on his Sr Year. The fly in that ointment will be that many spots will have filled up on him by then. The dominos can fall pretty fast. Just look at how our OL commitments rolled in after the first commitment.

The board doesn't get any better than when NU announces a recruiting victory over the teams that usually beat us at recruiting without trying.

Coach Anderson communicates well with the top OL athletes. I can hardly wait to see who's next.

The big fun to feel recruiting momentum.

I tried looking and couldn't find it, but there was a quote a while back where Inserra called Skoronski the best football player he's ever coached.... and he's coached a lot of good football players

It was on the other site where we look up crystal balls.

“He is at this point the best football player I’ve ever coached, he’s the smartest football player I’ve coached,” said Maine South’s David Inserra who is one of the most respected head coaches in the state by college coaches. “He’ll be in line to be valedictorian of a class of 620 students. Talk about humble and work ethic, how he carries himself, he’s the top kid I’ve ever coached. You can’t beat the on-field production and off-field academics.

“He’s truly the All-American boy.”

Last edited:
Reactions: mickbula and DaCat
It was on the another site where we look up crystal balls.

“He is at this point the best football player I’ve ever coached, he’s the smartest football player I’ve coached,” said Maine South’s David Inserra who is one of the most respected head coaches in the state by college coaches. “He’ll be in line to be valedictorian of a class of 620 students. Talk about humble and work ethic, how he carries himself, he’s the top kid I’ve ever coached. You can’t beat the on-field production and off-field academics.

“He’s truly the All-American boy.”

Captain-America.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT