ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: SKORONSKI IS A CAT!

GCG mentioned his posted stats likely are sufficient for NU. Kevo is announcing August 5th. Not sure why he has to to announce his announcement 3 months in advance, but it screams to me he has already selected a school and that school would have already offered.

A lot can change between now and August 5th. We are recruiting him as a DL, which may be a factor in his decision as most teams are offering him as an OL. We may be waiting to see what happens with DT prospects like Bruce, Saad and Jenkins before deciding to offer Wesley.

Wouldn't Aug 5th be just about the time he would be gearing up for his final Highschool year and football season? I don't think it would be unreasonable to think he has an idea that he wants to weigh all his options but decide in time to clear his mind of all the recruiting clutter and concentrate on his Sr Year. The fly in that ointment will be that many spots will have filled up on him by then. The dominos can fall pretty fast. Just look at how our OL commitments rolled in after the first commitment.
I think he is a silent verbal now or he is down to a couple schools.

I doubt that. What would be the reason for keeping it silent? Even so, Marcus Harper showed how fickle some of these recruits are with their commitment decisions.

True.

Last year our very own Mr. Franks flipped from PSU to us within a short time frame. I guess it goes with the territory of dealing with 17- and 18-year olds, and some of the pressure they feel.

Sanborn #7 looks monstrous. Some of it is obviously distortion from the wide-angle lens, nevertheless he is one large human being. Could he be moved to DE from LB?

He’s 6-2 210.

He's a sophomore, and my eyeballs are telling me he seems to have grown since that last measurement, especially compared to the guy next to him Davidkov who is listed at 6-6 265.

He's a sophomore, and my eyeballs are telling me he seems to have grown since that last measurement, especially compared to the guy next to him Davidkov who is listed at 6-6 265.
SB

I'm gratified that we're getting good kids, but Penn State currently has five OL commits. Doubt they'd be taking many more.
Obviously, Penn Sate needed more o-line commits than we did, and their quality certainly isn't up to ours!

^ Likely doesn't matter much, but out of PSU's 5 O-line commits, 1 is a 4* (5.9 rating - higher than Skor) and the other 4 are 3* - of which 3 have gotten a 5.7 rating (higher than Priebe or Wrather).

While O-line recruiting seems to have improved w/ this class, let's remember that the program has gotten 3* OL recruits in the past w/ offers from solid P5 programs like
UVA, BC, 'Cuse, Iowa St., Mizzou, NCST, Vandy, Pitt, WVU, ASU, OSU - along w/ B1G programs like UMD, Minny, IU, PU, MSU and UM; but while likes of UMD, Minny and IU have sent O-linemen to the NFL this past decade, not really a sniff of interest (tho there's hope w/ Doles) for any of the 'Cats who manned the trenches on O (a diff. story on the D-end).

Think that drought is going to end w/ Anderson at the helm; love his enthusiasm and philosophy on coaching, as well as his switch on recruiting emphasis to larger, more physical recruits.

Last edited:
^ Likely doesn't matter much, but out of PSU's 5 O-line commits, 1 is a 4* (5.9 rating - higher than Skor) and the other 4 are 3* - of which 3 have gotten a 5.7 rating (higher than Priebe or Wrather).

While O-line recruiting seems to have improved w/ this class, let's remember that the program has gotten 3* OL recruits in the past w/ offers from solid P5 programs like
UVA, BC, 'Cuse, Iowa St., Mizzou, NCST, Vandy, Pitt, WVU, ASU, OSU - along w/ B1G programs like UMD, Minny, IU, PU, MSU and UM; but while likes of UMD, Minny and IU have sent O-linemen to the NFL this past decade, not really a sniff of interest (tho there's hope w/ Doles) for any of the 'Cats who manned the trenches on O (a diff. story on the D-end).

Think that drought is going to end w/ Anderson at the helm; love his enthusiasm and philosophy on coaching, as well as his switch on recruiting emphasis to larger, more physical recruits.

Thanks for keeping our enthusiasm in check. You must be great fun at parties.

Reactions: DaCat
When people see him at parties, they whisper to their friends "That guy is catatonic".

Katatonic and I discussing quarterbacks at the last Purple Party...

two-drunk-people-lay-on-the-floor-at-the-notting-hill-carnival-DH2BM7.jpg

Thanks for keeping our enthusiasm in check. You must be great fun at parties.

Must have glossed over my having started by saying the (difference in) ratings likely don't matter, much less my entire last paragraph.

Point remains, that the assertion that the quality of PSU's O-line commits isn't up to NU's (at least by Rivals' ratings/grades) is not accurate.

That doesn't mean that I am not thrilled by the O-line recruits in this class, much less Anderson (being someone who long has banged the drum for a change).

Would I trade the 'Cats' O-line recruits for PSU's?

No (like I had stated, their having marginally higher ratings doesn't really matter in my book).

Albeit, would like 1 more OL addition to the class.

Maybe both O-lines end up being one of the better ones in the conf., maybe only 1 performs at a high level or maybe both end up not living up to their ratings/grades and end up being avg. (which still would be an improvement).

It's too early to tell, but I feel a lot more comfortable about the situation at the O-line (not to mention, at WR) going forward than I have in a long time.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Skoronski will never have an accurate rating because he doesn't get all dolled up in spandex and run around. Services know little about hit except his tape.
And they don't give out 6 stars

Must have glossed over my having started by saying the (difference in) ratings likely don't matter, much less my entire last paragraph.

Point remains, that the assertion that the quality of PSU's O-line commits isn't up to NU's (at least by Rivals' ratings/grades) is not accurate.

That doesn't mean that I am not thrilled by the O-line recruits in this class, much less Anderson (being someone who long has banged the drum for a change).

Would I trade the 'Cats' O-line recruits for PSU's?

No (like I had stated, their having marginally higher ratings doesn't really matter in my book).

Albeit, would like 1 more OL addition to the class.

Maybe both O-lines end up being one of the better ones in the conf., maybe only 1 performs at a high level or maybe both end up not living up to their ratings/grades and end up being avg. (which still would be an improvement).

It's too early to tell, but I feel a lot more comfortable about the situation at the O-line (not to mention, at WR) going forward than I have in a long time.
I see it as OK either way. I would guess that Anderson is making plenty of inroads into next years class and OL recruiting is likely to be as good or better next year. What is the likelyhood of more than a couple starting from the 2020 class in 2020, regardless if we take three or four? I would guess pretty low.

I see it as OK either way. I would guess that Anderson is making plenty of inroads into next years class and OL recruiting is likely to be as good or better next year. What is the likelyhood of more than a couple starting from the 2020 class in 2020, regardless if we take three or four? I would guess pretty low.
That is probably the next fun thread. Should freshmen
olmen redshirt? It is a little easier to make the right choice now that they can play in 4 games but Ward was a force as a Sr, not so much a freshman. He would have been great with a 5th year.

Reactions: Aging Booster
That is probably the next fun thread. Should freshmen
olmen redshirt? It is a little easier to make the right choice now that they can play in 4 games but Ward was a force as a Sr, not so much a freshman. He would have been great with a 5th year.
The math likely changes with transfers as well

The math likely changes with transfers as well
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the potential of losing a fifth year lineman who graduates and transfers to another school encourages Nu to burn freshman's shirts. I suppose that is a real possibility but I hope NU chooses to go the route of what is best for the Student Athlete and does everything it can to retain quality players when they reach that point of their career. To choose not to try to bring a guy to his fullest potential out of fear of lost loyalty later, seems like operating out of fear that your program isn't any good.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the potential of losing a fifth year lineman who graduates and transfers to another school encourages Nu to burn freshman's shirts. I suppose that is a real possibility but I hope NU chooses to go the route of what is best for the Student Athlete and does everything it can to retain quality players when they reach that point of their career. To choose not to try to bring a guy to his fullest potential out of fear of lost loyalty later, seems like operating out of fear that your program isn't any good.
It is probably less likely to happen at the OL position but take a look at the transfer portal. It can be a legitimate concern even though it is less likely at NU There was always a bit of a stigma to it but that is less and less

It is probably less likely to happen at the OL position but take a look at the transfer portal. It can be a legitimate concern even though it is less likely at NU There was always a bit of a stigma to it but that is less and less
Guys who enter the transfer portal are unhappy for some reason with their programs. Hunter Johnson for example was being boxed out of playing time knowing he had a huge potential to play else where and in the NFL. Other guys may be bored or disgruntled in their programs. If 5th year OLmen can't get into the rotation, I doubt they are NFL material and should make the most of an NU Masters degree. If they are dissatisfied with he program, it is probably best for everyone if they move on.

If Nu wants to retain guys all they need to do is keep them happy; a thing that NU should be doing anyway to be an excellent program.

As you said it is less likely at the OL position.

Guys who enter the transfer portal are unhappy for some reason with their programs. Hunter Johnson for example was being boxed out of playing time knowing he had a huge potential to play else where and in the NFL. Other guys may be bored or disgruntled in their programs. If 5th year OLmen can't get into the rotation, I doubt they are NFL material and should make the most of an NU Masters degree. If they are dissatisfied with he program, it is probably best for everyone if they move on.

If Nu wants to retain guys all they need to do is keep them happy; a thing that NU should be doing anyway to be an excellent program.

Football players like to play football.

I won’t be concerned until we start losing starters or significant contributors to graduate transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT