ADVERTISEMENT

Bringing students back to campus- this researcher has concerns (long)

Hoax? Some people screamed against stopping air flights from China as an overreaction.
don’t think there hasn’t been a huge price to pay here, the PPP money has kept the price cheap so far but you can’t keep printing money backed by nothing forever.

We are seeing a similar demographic trend here in Forsyth County, NC. This county is the 4th most populated in the 9th largest state. Cases have continuously increased since the end of April and haven't hit a plateau yet. Here are the current data on positive cases:

15-24 Years 16%
25-34 20%
35-44 20%
45-54 16%
55-64 11%
>64 8%

The most at-risk population are taking the greatest precaution. Death rate for the 15-44 cohort is minimal, just 2 deaths out of 28 in the County (50% of the deaths are in the >65 cohort).
Here in Forsyth County, Georgia, we seem to be in our own little bubble. We have had 13 deaths since the beginning (5 per 100,000 population) and are well below capacity in our healthcare system. However, to the south (Atlanta), and the east (chicken processing plants) things are not going as well. In our county 60%+ are wearing masks in public, and every one tries to stay 6 feet apart. What I don't get is the 10% of the population that wears masks while driving their car.

Hoax? Some people screamed against stopping air flights from China as an overreaction.
don’t think there hasn’t been a huge price to pay here, the PPP money has kept the price cheap so far but you can’t keep printing money backed by nothing forever.
Agreed

I’m glad that all the folks who were experts on viral infections who then turned into experts on race relations are now back to being experts on viral infections. :)

Reactions: techtim72
I’m glad that all the folks who were experts on viral infections who then turned into experts on race relations are now back to being experts on viral infections. :)

I will be the first to say I am not an expert in anything.

ADVERTISEMENT