ADVERTISEMENT

Brown & Benson

Catreporter

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2007
Isiah Brown led Grand Canyon with 18 points in loss to Illini. Barret Benson led SIU in scoring with 17 in their win last night. I think we could have used those two vs. Merrimack. Bigs often get much better when they are upperclassmen. Don't understand what happened with Benson and Collins after last year. Brown sure would have helped last year as a point. Greer is useless. I hate to post this kind of negativity but it is what it is. CCC did a great job getting the NO TOURNEY monkey off our back but things have really deteriorated since then.

Falzon might gave helped last night as well. i liked watching him shoot 3s even when he missed or played poorly. The transfer cats would match up well with this team. Ash Falzon Brown Rapp Benson.. Rapp the legit star of the group.

Falzon might gave helped last night as well. i liked watching him shoot 3s even when he missed or played poorly. The transfer cats would match up well with this team. Ash Falzon Brown Rapp Benson.. Rapp the legit star of the group.
They would’ve been standing around with no plan.

The Transfer Cats would asked Tavaras Hardy to coach them.. he was interviewed on WGN.. Loyola Maryland playing Chicago State so he was in town..

Isiah Brown led Grand Canyon with 18 points in loss to Illini. Barret Benson led SIU in scoring with 17 in their win last night. I think we could have used those two vs. Merrimack. Bigs often get much better when they are upperclassmen. Don't understand what happened with Benson and Collins after last year. Brown sure would have helped last year as a point. Greer is useless. I hate to post this kind of negativity but it is what it is. CCC did a great job getting the NO TOURNEY monkey off our back but things have really deteriorated since then.
Agreed!

Every season, one thing is becoming more and more obvious: Collins is a good recruiter but a lousy coach. Rapp, Benson and Brown were all good recruits who should have been successful at Northwestern. Nance, Beran and Kopp were all very good recruits. Will they be successful at Northwestern? Uhhh...

Reactions: nu greek
Every season, one thing is becoming more and more obvious: Collins is a good recruiter but a lousy coach. Rapp, Benson and Brown were all good recruits who should have been successful at Northwestern. Nance, Beran and Kopp were all very good recruits. Will they be successful at Northwestern? Uhhh...
Chris Collins is some one I have known since he was a ball boy for the Bulls. He is an arrogant person period. He is not a good Coach and the quicker we fire him and bring in Pat Baldwin or Tavares Hardy, the better. Billy Donlon would even be a better choice. Collins just sounds good, nothing more.

Reactions: NJCat
Chris Collins is some one I have known since he was a ball boy for the Bulls. He is an arrogant person period. He is not a good Coach and the quicker we fire him and bring in Pat Baldwin or Tavares Hardy, the better. Billy Donlon would even be a better choice. Collins just sounds good, nothing more.
Dang

No, not Donlon.

Reactions: julescat
You don't suppose moving way down in the level of competition has anything to do with it, do you?

Exactly. Rap, Ash, Benson, and Brown, I wish them luck but they would not have been bona fide Big Ten starters for any half way decent school. Now Northwestern, however....

That's a game, Idaho. I'm talking an entire schedule. I'll admit I set the table for you there, but you didn't waste any time pulling up a chair! ;)

Reactions: nickcat4
Collins needs more patience. Every time our player misses a shot, they look back at Collins to see if he wants to pull them out. If they turn the ball over, it's almost an immediate pull.
Our players see ghost. That's why they end up leaving. It's not fun anymore.

Reactions: IGNORE
Yes.
Players are miserable playing for him so we only get to keep a player 2 or 3 years of pt.
Constantly backfilling early departures for sisters of the poorer is killing us.
Things are really bad and it is hard to imagine why any more 4 or 5 stars take trips here.
Baldwin definately isnt coming here to play for norman bates, almost certainly.

Yes.
Players are miserable playing for him so we only get to keep a player 2 or 3 years of pt.
Or, good players (Law 5 years, BMac, Pardon.......) stay, and non-B1G caliber players leave. Some former players (Cobb, BMac) return to work for him.

Collins need more good players. He also needs to hire an assistant who can teach offense.

#FireCollins

A lineup of Brown, Ash, Falzon, Rap, and Benson would kill our current team.

Reactions: IGNORE
A lineup of Brown, Ash, Falzon, Rap, and Benson would kill our current team.

No. And also be completely mediocre with no investment toward the future. Would you prefer guaranteed mediocrity or a chance at competitiveness in the next year or two? The staff opted for the latter, trading experience for development, and I personally concur. Growing pains are ugly, but we should stay the course, not have knee jerk reactions, even to a few brutal losses.

No. And also be completely mediocre with no investment toward the future. Would you prefer guaranteed mediocrity or a chance at competitiveness in the next year or two? The staff opted for the latter, trading experience for development, and I personally concur. Growing pains are ugly, but we should stay the course, not have knee jerk reactions, even to a few brutal losses.

seriously the board bemoaned these guys while here and now pine for them to come back :mad:

I'm not. And I'm not disputing that several of those guys were better off leaving, but that team would run over the team that played Friday.

So, you would prefer losing Friday in order to develop players we believe have the talent level to be competitive in the Big10 longer term, right? That's what CCC is doing. It's not always going to be pretty.

So, you would prefer losing Friday in order to develop players we believe have the talent level to be competitive in the Big10 longer term, right? That's what CCC is doing. It's not always going to be pretty.

You're presenting a false choice. This is CC's seventh year. A good developmental program at this stage should have solid players in all four classes and some team identity. That's been missing for three years now.

You're presenting a false choice. This is CC's seventh year. A good developmental program at this stage should have solid players in all four classes and some team identity. That's been missing for three years now.

I don't think I'm arguing that. But the lack of solid older players points mostly to recruiting misses or overreaching in the past, which the staff feels they've corrected with the 2018 class and forward. The implied initial statement was that we'd have been better off keeping all we had, which is not the choice that was made following last season.

I don't think I'm arguing that. But the lack of solid older players points mostly to recruiting misses or overreaching in the past, which the staff feels they've corrected with the 2018 class and forward. The implied initial statement was that we'd have been better off keeping all we had, which is not the choice that was made following last season.

I hope you're right and they shut me and other whiners up on Wednesday.

I'm not. And I'm not disputing that several of those guys were better off leaving, but that team would run over the team that played Friday.

That team would have THE POTENTIAL to run over the way the Cats played Friday. And they would have done it ... about one in every four games (to be generous). That's how often you'd get strong production out of Brown and Falzon.

Reactions: hdhntr1
seriously the board bemoaned these guys while here and now pine for them to come back :mad:

I don’t recall many bemoaning RI, Benson, even Falcon or Brown. The only one we ever got to see play was Ash, and some of Benson. But I think those five departures would beat our top five. So what does that say about the current state of affairs? Oh, and how many empty schollies are we sitting on?

The Transfer Cats would asked Tavaras Hardy to coach them.. he was interviewed on WGN.. Loyola Maryland playing Chicago State so he was in town..
He was at the game, I saw him hanging out with a small crowd in the halls after the game.

I'm happy for all the ex-Wildcats who are experiencing success in their new conferences and on their news teams. I'm confident the move was best for them and for NU basketball, so its good all around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT