ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Kirtz Watch - WATCH HIM COMMIT TO THE CATS!

Highest ranked receiver recruit for Northwestern that I could find, going back to 2003. (Absent Prater). Very nice pickup; wonder if this helps in the Hunter Johnson sweepstakes?

Can’t hurt, but doubt it will be a huge influence.

Reactions: drosejr
Agree with this exactly. Would be quite surprised if this has any measurable effect on Hunter’s decision. My gut still says Johnson ends up in West Lafayette.

Disagree. While not a huge factor, definitely a plus and another reason for Johnson to choose NU. He’s gonna look great in Purple.

Disagree. While not a huge factor, definitely a plus and another reason for Johnson to choose NU. He’s gonna look great in Purple.
My guess is that Kirtz decision might not have big affect on Johnson; but, Johnson choice might affect Kurtz--------surely they have talked. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Agree with this exactly. Would be quite surprised if this has any measurable effect on Hunter’s decision. My gut still says Johnson ends up in West Lafayette.

I think Duke is a bigger threat than Purdue.

I tend to agree that it won’t be a huge influence for Hunter, but the fact that NU has a very good WR in the fold can’t hurt, let alone the fact that they’ve played together in high school. It is definitely a “plus.”

Fantastic news. Welcome, Bryce!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Welcome Bryce!

I loved the film of you running down the guy who made an interception also the times you out ran the camera man.;)
Go Cats!

I think Duke is a bigger threat than Purdue.

I tend to agree that it won’t be a huge influence for Hunter, but the fact that NU has a very good WR in the fold can’t hurt, let alone the fact that they’ve played together in high school. It is definitely a “plus.”

Fantastic news. Welcome, Bryce!
Who knows, but Purdue seems like a bigger threat to me than Duke.

1. From last week:

"We could certainly use some karma on the quarterback front.

The pictured cow and calf ran out in front of my vehicle yesterday."

IMG_4147_zpspnixvkn2.jpg
    IMG_4149_zpsv4dqdtws.jpg

2. Does a moose sighting have anything to do with transfer commitments?????

3. 3 GECat2, May 27, 2018

4. Does a moose sighting have anything to do with transfer commitments?????
    Maybe there is a transfer-mative property?"

Today's commitment is certainly good news on the karma front.

Welcome aboard!

(There were multiple Moose sighted so Azema's commitment has to be included - but we can still hope for the quarterback commitment to be a beneficiary of the Mojo Moose Karma as well.)

Last edited:
Reactions: nu greek
I hadn’t watched his tape until yesterday. He’s fast. Ran an electronic 4.50 at the Nike camp, but looks faster on tape. While a 4.50 is not elite, I’d hazard that his 10- and 20-yard splits are. He accelerates like a rocket. Good ball skills too.

1. From last week:

IMG_4147_zpspnixvkn2.jpg
    IMG_4149_zpsv4dqdtws.jpg

Welcome aboard!

(There were multiple Moose sighted so Azema's commitment has to be included - but we can still hope for the quarterback commitment to be a beneficiary of the Mojo Moose Karma as well.)

If Hunter Johnson is a Cat, then I'll give the moose some credit. This is the litmus test.

1. From last week:

IMG_4147_zpspnixvkn2.jpg
    IMG_4149_zpsv4dqdtws.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Well the Calf did its job and now for the Cow

I hadn’t watched his tape until yesterday. He’s fast. Ran an electronic 4.50 at the Nike camp, but looks faster on tape. While a 4.50 is not elite, I’d hazard that his 10- and 20-yard splits are. He accelerates like a rocket. Good ball skills too.

Same. One of the most talented receivers NU has gotten in a while, both in terms of natural speed/quickness and precision route-running.

Reminds me of the old Peterson, Markshausen, Ebert days. And, of course, Austin Carr.

I don’t think he’ll be needing a redshirt. Will probably start immediately, taking Flynn Nagel’s place.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Same. One of the most talented receivers NU has gotten in a while, both in terms of natural speed/quickness and precision route-running.

Reminds me of the old Peterson, Markshausen, Ebert days. And, of course, Austin Carr.

I don’t think he’ll be needing a redshirt. Will probably start immediately, taking Flynn Nagel’s place.
He will likely need to get a little bigger

You just named guys that were far from an immediate impact. I think we should reign in our expectations for a true freshman. He hasn’t even started his Senior year in HS. What we do know us we got a player with excellent potential that exhibits difference maker skills at this point.

Reactions: hdhntr1
I'd be tempted to compare Kirtz to someone like Grant Perry, who played as a true frosh at Michigan. Perry was a more polished route runner, but was certainly no bigger than Kirtz is now. Perry had some issues and has not quite developed as a playmaker. I think Kirtz has a fine future ahead of him at NU.

You just named guys that were far from an immediate impact. I think we should reign in our expectations for a true freshman. He hasn’t even started his Senior year in HS. What we do know us we got a player with excellent potential that exhibits difference maker skills at this point.

So sorry for being excited about this commitment. :rolleyes:

So sorry for being excited about this commitment. :rolleyes:
Lol. No need to apologize, just think we should let it play out. We still have a couple more WR recruits this year to compete with Kirtz. I am excited too to have him join the program, but we haven’t had a ton of instant star true freshman WR. If Kirtz can contribute 20-25 receptions his first year, IMO that would be terrific.

Peterman ( I think this is who you meant) and Ebert to some degree both became a great player their last 2 years. Markshausen and Carr both basically came out of nowhere to be Stars their Senior year. All eventual stars, but if this old guy’s memory serves him correctly, they were not immediate impact studs.

Not trying to rain on your parade, because I agree that Kirtz is one of the highest potential WR’s NU has got in awhile. Excited to have him aboard.

Lol. No need to apologize, just think we should let it play out. We still have a couple more WR recruits this year to compete with Kirtz. I am excited too to have him join the program, but we haven’t had a ton of instant star true freshman WR. If Kirtz can contribute 20-25 receptions his first year, IMO that would be terrific.

Peterman ( I think this is who you meant) and Ebert to some degree both became a great player their last 2 years. Markshausen and Carr both basically came out of nowhere to be Stars their Senior year. All eventual stars, but if this old guy’s memory serves him correctly, they were not immediate impact studs.

Not trying to rain on your parade, because I agree that Kirtz is one of the highest potential WR’s NU has got in awhile. Excited to have him aboard.

I really like Kirtz but this talk of him being head and shoulders above our current WR core or some of our past WRs is a bit over the top. Kirtz is very good and will compete for playing time but competition from guys like Lees, McGowan and Jefferson for PT at the slot WR position will be stiff.

I really like Kirtz but this talk of him being head and shoulders above our current WR core or some of our past WRs is a bit over the top. Kirtz is very good and will compete for playing time but competition from guys like Lees, McGowan and Jefferson for PT at the slot WR position will be stiff.
Every time I read his name I think of Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now......

latest

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I'd be tempted to compare Kirtz to someone like Grant Perry, who played as a true frosh at Michigan. Perry was a more polished route runner, but was certainly no bigger than Kirtz is now. Perry had some issues and has not quite developed as a playmaker. I think Kirtz has a fine future ahead of him at NU.
Perry has not become a headliner at UM but he contributes fairly regularly. I don't think he has had a big an impact not UM as Nagel has had on NU but he may be behind more talented guys, not sure.

Just curious, who do you think has been the most impactful Freshman WR in the last 10 years (or so)?

Can't take his place but can take his position.

ADVERTISEMENT